Sunday, December 31, 2017

Goodbye 2017...

As I sit here on my back veranda watching my boys ride on their scooters, making vlogs for their YouTube accounts with rap music playing in the background (omgoodness...if they play this same song again for the fifth time, I may just have to blame the lyrics for my insanity LOL), I thought it would be a good time to write a goodbye 2017 blog.

What a year it has been!  Not the best, not the worst, just simply what it was!  

Jan - Ace became a teenager, we went on a family camping trip into the bush for 8 days, we celebrated Keanas 4th birthday and Kohdens 1st birthday - and what a year it was for him!

Feb - Ace started high school, Jazz started his last year of primary school, we went back to court and also celebrated our friends Nicole and Anthony's engagement.

Mar - My tonsil saga was finally over, Ace went to Phillip Island, We fare welled our friends who travelled this beautiful country of ours for six months - oh how we wish to do the same one day!

Apr - Family holiday to Tasmania and we lost our precious Tatt who was our family pet for 13 years - oh how I miss him every single day.

May - Life went on despite depression being hard to bare

Jun -  Jazz turned 12 and Ace got sick which saw us spend two weeks in hospital - we are so very blessed to have him with us today.

July - I got pneumonia, Jazz got severe tonsillitis and Ace was incredibly ill so the boys were home schooled by Marky for the month.

Aug - Boys went back to school, I landed on my feet and we went back to court for two full weeks.

Sept - We watched Jazz in his Grade 6 production.

Oct - Jazz went to Canberra.

Nov - We spent another 2 weeks in court.

Dec - Jazz had his tonsils out, performed in his last primary school concert, graduated from Primary School.  Ace finished his first year of high school.  I finished my first year of Uni.  We won the court case we had been fighting.

Of course there is so much more not mentioned...like hospital trips for Mums chemo and Mark's prostatitis bouts, date nights, family outings...ups, downs, smiles, frowns and everything in between!



Do I hold any high hopes for 2018?  Nope!

It will be what it is, until it is something different!

Kind of seems cynical doesn't it?  Perhaps even a little lack lustered.  Maybe its because I'm feeling a little off colour at the moment, or maybe its because I am at peace with my life right now...a bit of both I think.  

Of course I have hopes that I plan to manifest into reality this coming year, but in all honestly I have also learnt that things change along the way...whether its because life throws us a curve ball or because we change the goal posts...either way, things change!  

I haven't always done that well with change in the past and tried to control things way too much, seeing me come unstuck. This year, I am going to choose to just allow things to be what they are.  In doing that, I can then then choose the way I react to them!  As simple as that!



So as I sit here now, reflecting...what I can say with my hand placed firmly upon my heart, is that I feel so utterly and truly blessed that I have my family here with me today, that Mum is still a big part of our lives, that my little sister and her family are happy and healthy, that I have friendships that I cherish dearly, that I have an extended family that accepts me and my boys as part of theirs and lastly...that I get to see the end of 2017 and the start of 2018.



So from me to you on this last day of the year.  Whatever it is that you choose 2018 to be, I hope it is filled with an abundance of love, light and peace!

LOVE of yourself and of others!

LIGHT that ignites the spark within and sets your soul on fire!

PEACE within your heart and all around you!


Love, Light and Peace from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!