Monday, October 10, 2011

Goals and Committments

Task 1:  Write a list of goals that you want to achieve in the 1st week of the 8WEC.
  • Get my nutrition back on track
  • 2 X PT Sessions
  • 2 X Gym Sessions (Aqua / Gym Floor)
  • Finish Massage Modules
  • Cut down from 2 sugars to 1
  • Organise all my training sessions in advance with a back up plan if needed
  • Maintain Balance (Family, Work, Friends)
  • Start self love exercises
Task 2:  Write a list of goals that you want to achieve by the end of 8WEC.

Empowerment Contract

I, Natasha Hurst agree to work towards a Fitter, Stronger, Healthier version of myself which inturn will provide me with a feeling of Empowerment. 

I am committed to achieveing this goal with the use of healthy food and exercise and promise myself that I will not slip into negative patterns of bahaviour as they are destructive.

I am committed to praising myself for even the smallest of achivements as I have earnt it.  eg.  a loss is a loss no matter how big or small as I am committed to not allowing a figure on the scales to determine whether it is a good or a bad day.

I am committed to following a healthy nutrition plan consisting of 5-6 small meals per day with a minimum of 1200 calories and I am committed to not over endulging.

I am committed to allowing myself 1 free meal per week and will not feel guilty for doing so.

I am committed to reducing my sugar intake in my tea/coffee from 2 to 1 (in the first couple of weeks) and then switching to Natvia (a natural sweetener).

I am committed to forgiving myself for any slip ups that I may experience along the way no matter how big or small and agree that I will not allow them to trigger any self sabbotage (in its various forms eg. emotional eating binge), instead I will pick myself up dust off and get straight back on the wagon.

I am committed to exercising for a minimum of 30 minutes 6 days per week which includes 1 X P/T Session and 2 X Gym Sessions per week. 

I am committed to allowing my body to have 1 day of rest.

I am committed to maintaining a food, exercise and mood journal and to blogging my journey on a regular basis as doing this makes me more accountable for my actions.

I am committed to making time to study so that by the end of the 8 weeks I will have completed all modules for Cert 3 & 4 in Fitness, Cert 3 in Massage and Cert 3 in Nutrition.  By doing this it will provide me with more opportunity/options for my future and is an important step towards empowerment.

I am committed to giving myself adequate rest and will ensure that I am in bed with lights out by 11pm on weeknights.

I am committed to hyrdrating my body by drinking at least 1 - 2 bottles of water per day.

I am committed to stepping out of my comfort zone and embracing change.

I am committed to accepting the limitations that my knee has produced and be kind to my self.  Should I experience pain I will STOP as it is not my friend and will only cause more injury.

I am committed to not making any excuses.

I am committed to loving myself for who I am nomatter what shape or size I am and will look in the mirror everyday and say "I love you Natasha Hurst, you are beautiful to me".

As a reward for all these committments I will be the best version of myself possible which in turn makes me a better person all round (mother, partner, daughter, sister, friend, trainer).

Signed

Natasha Hurst
10 October 2011

I would like to say Thank you to Tanja Louise for sharing the idea of this contract.  I came across Tanja's page through the Aim Train and have been inspired by her weight loss journey.  Click HERE to visit Tanja's Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty insightful. Thanks!

    My site:
    billig dsl anbieter und dsl vergleich

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!