Friday, September 1, 2017

Don't Wake Me Up...

Without rattling my own chain (ok so maybe just a little rattle), sometimes I will listen to songs I've written and think, 'Did I truly write that'?  That thought comes partly because I am in awe of the song and also partly because these days my song writing inspiration is so rare that I wonder whether it really was me and whether I still have it.  I guess for me, inspiration can't be forced, it comes when you least expect it!  And that is exactly what has happened with my newest song called Don't wake me up :)

On the weekend I had a little tinker on my guitar and as I was flicking through my song book I found a chord progression and a lyric line I had been playing around with back in Jan 2015. Anyway, long story short...I sat with it a bit, put it down when I couldn't come up with anything and then came back to it again yesterday and this baby was born. Not my most amazing of original songs but still something I am proud to say I wrote. 

This one is for my sweet man Mark...I am so glad to be dreaming with him!  Words don't really do justice to describe the way he makes me feel, the joy he brings to my life...I love him with every inch of my being, I am in love with him more today than I ever thought was possible.  Sickening isn't it LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!