Wednesday, November 29, 2017

3 Simple Steps - Continued!

I'm a little late in posting this but alas, I shall post it anyway!


So as my first 3 simple steps went so well, with improvements definitely noticed, I figured "Why change what ain't broke", so have kept them as my numero uno for the week and have added to them.  Check out my previous post HERE to know what else was on the list ;).

#2.  STUDY TIME...

When I started my course I had grand intentions of setting aside two full days a week, purely so I could focus on my uni work.  This went swimmingly for a few weeks, then something came up and it reduced down to one day, then something else came up and I found myself having to stay up late to get it done.  Which is OK every now and again, but not a great way to ensure that I am also getting adequate rest.  Hence adding that in last week!

Anyway, this week I have decided that I need to schedule in that time again (at a reasonable hour) because, just as work and family is important to me, so is study!  Me pursuing this option, is an investment into my future, our future!   The dishes, the washing, the list that is never ending, can wait!  Or better yet, I can delegate jobs to others so that I can have the time needed for me, to have my head down and bum up studying.  So easy to say in theory!  Am I the only one who gets the 'guilts' about taking time out to study?  Whether it be because I feel like I'm neglecting the house work, the kids, hubby, family, friends, those little feelings of guilt, of neglect, have a way of creeping in.  They need to stop! So, I have been constantly reminding myself that "I am worthy of ME time", and in this case, 'me time' equals learning about things that resonate with my entire being, that will enable me to pursue my dream career.

#3 MOVEMENT...

Idle and stagnation are two words I don't gel with very well and yet despite all my busy-ness (mostly family, work and study), movement ends up being a missing factor, which then leads to idle stagnation.  Something as simple as pottering about my garden pulling out weeds, taking a slow leisurely stroll around the block, yoga or simple stretches is all I am aiming for this week...just to move and keep my energy, blood, vital fluids and my mind moving.

So, as I mentioned at the start of this blog, I'm a little late posting this, which means I can confess that I ran a little off the rails and, until yesterday it had been 5 days since my last smoothie.  I've also had a couple of late nights studying in preparation for this weeks exams.  I won't find out my results until the end of Decemeber (waiting sucks!!), but I am pretty confident that I passed.  I was aiming for HD's (High Distinctions) but I don't think I will get there.  Oh well, at the end of the day all I really need is a P (pass) and the certificate to hang up on the wall.

Other than that though, considering the fact that my little man had an adnotonsillectomy last week which saw us spend a sleepless night in hospital and him being a little more clingly and understandably wanting extra 'Mumma love',  I did not un-achor completely.  

Pretty proud of that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!