Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 4 of 1MKC - Thursday

SO my day has been one that has seen me running from here to there and back again and getting this and that done by this or that time so I can get here or there on time SO in other words HECTIC!

Photos, Photos and more Photos (for the Moorabool News - one of the hats I wear), cleaning, cooking, personal training session and a visit to a friend for some sanity to cap off my day :)

6.45am - Alarm goes off and I hit snooze for another 15 minutes and another 15 minutes again and then it was time to get up and at em and ensure the normal school madness!

Today was the first day back for the year!! :)


Ace Riley and his GR 2 Teacher Miss Gleeson


Jazz MacKenzie and his GR 1 Teacher Miss Russell

Snack - Renew Juice. I forgot the ice so it wasn't as nice.

Lunch - Multigrain Ham and Pickles Sandwich

Snack - Forme Yogurt

Dinner - Sticky Chicken, Asian Greens and Basmatic Rice


Sticky Chicken - Serves 2
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
4 free range chicken thighs - skin & excess fat removed & cut in half
Fresh coriander

Preheat oven to 180 C. Combine chilli & soy sauce with peanut butter in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until blended.

Mix chicken with sauce & marinate for as long possible.

Place chicken pieces in a sprayed oven proof dish and bake for 30-40 minutes

Note: 
For those with nut allergies, you can replace peanut butter with a store-bought or homemade sunflower seed spread. 

Asian Greens - Serves 2
Bunch of broccolini
2 baby pak choy- cut in quarters
4 baby buk choy- cut in quarters
1 spring onion- thinly sliced
1 Tbs light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tsp lemon juice

Wash vegetables and place broccolini in a steamer over boiling water. (If you don’t have a steamer use a colander over a saucepan of boiling water and cover with a lid). Cook for 1 minute then add the remaining ingredients and cook for 1 ½ minutes.

Serve and spoon over sauce and shallots.

OMG my taste buds have gone to heaven - this was D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S and to think I screwed my nose up at the sound of it ;o)

I did however make a few changes:
I used breast chicken and not thighs 
I pan fried it in 1tsp of sesame oil instead of baked 
I forgot to make the sauce for the vegetables 
I used Basmati instead of Brown because thats what was in the pantry 

I didn't do a proper exercise session today despite the attempt to try but as I believe in signs and the power of 3 I figured that it wasn't supposed to happen.

Whilst 5 minutes into my spin bike ride the seat tipped back 
The WII wouldn't play my cardio disk 
My knee is swalloon 

Todays biggest win: 

Glenn offered me some 'low fat' caramel Ice Cream and I said NO and even though he sat next to me while he ate it I still didn't back down.

Todays treat was 2 X hot milo

I AM EXHAUSTED - I really really need to get my sleep pattern back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!