Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 5 of 1MKC - Friday

I am absolutely BUGGERED so all I can say is TGIF!!

Today has been a good day, busy for the most part (photos) but there has also been a few stop and put my feet up moments (even if it was for only 10 minutes at the most) which have been very much needed.

The highlight of my day was my very first training session with NexgenFitness aka Craig Harvey, which was challenging and enjoyable.

Kettle Bells, TRX Cables, Rower, Medicine Ball, Boxing Gloves, Kick Pad = An interesting mix of Cross Fit / Kick-Boxing.

Gotta say that my favourite part was the Boxing/Kick Boxing even though it really pushed me to the limit...bring on more of that I say!  

Not only was it physically challenging but I really needed to focus mentally too as we did some things I haven't done in ages and so I wasn't sure how my knee would pull up BUT it and I survived =)

Here's a recap of my Food for the day....

Breakfast - POWER OATS.  These were incredibly filling but also very tasty - I am looking forward to having them again.


Power Oats - Serves 1
½ cup of rolled oats
½ cup boiling water
¼ cup Yoplait Forme yoghurt (We reccomend French Vanilla or Berry Cheesecake flavour)
4 strawberries- sliced
2 tsp ALPS Blend
1 tsp honey

Combine oats & boiling water in a small serving bowl and cover with cling wrap and stand for a few minutes.  Uncover, stir & add yoghurt, strawberries, ALPS & drizzle over honey.



Nutritional Information:
252 cals / 1052 Kj
7.0g Fat (1.7g Saturated)
8.8g Protein
57.9g Carbohydrates
10.7g Sugar
6.6g Fibre
47mg Sodium

ALPS

Makes 4 cups worth of a healthy, crunch mix.

1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup toasted flaked almonds
½ cup flax seeds

½ cup sesame seeds
¼ cup poppy seeds
¼ cup chia seeds

Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
Snack - Skinny Cap with 1 sugar and wonderful company
Lunch - Left over Sticky Chicken (see yesterdays dinner), 1/2 cup Basmati Rice and Green Leafy Salad with Balsamic/Sesame dressing. 

Snack - Forme Yogurt (Fruit Salad Flavour)
Dinner - Fish and Vegetables (with 1Tbs Tartar Sauce)
Baked Fish with Herb and Lemon Sauce 


Vegetable Platter for Two
Summer Vegetables - Serves 2
2 medium sized zucchinis, cut in diagonal slices cm thick
1 large eggplant cut in cm thick slices lengthwise
1 bunch of asparagus- woody ends snapped
1 cob of corn
1 Tbs of balsamic vinegar
Juice of a lemon
1 Tbs pinenuts, toasted
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
Steam / Grill vegetables and then arrange on platter and scatter over with remaining ingredients and season to taste.
So, I'm not a big lover of Fish or Eggplant and usally I would have margarine/butter on my corn BUT I actually really enjoyed this meal.  I did find however that even though I got full whilst eating it the feeling of fullness didn't last very long.
Snack - Peaches (Snack Pack) and Low Fat Custard.  I feel that I definately over endulged but it could of been something worse like ice cream or chocolate both of what I am craving like crazy right now, for the obvious reason.


Well, with that all said (typed hehe) its time for me to just chill a little before I hit the hay.


Wishing you a wonderful weekend xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!