Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2 of 1MKC - TUESDAY

Tuesday 31st of January 2012

Today is my gorgeous man's 47th (not 48th like we both miscalculated ooops LOL) Birthday and since we decided to venture out it was one that saw many challenges presented. All in all however, I managed to remain true to my mission of living a healthy lifestyle with the allowance to give in to temptation on occasion in moderation. 

Unfortunately I wasn't organised enough to make Glenn breakfast in bed and as I had to rush out the door to get to work on time (Baby Photos for the local paper) I decided to make something quick, easy and delicious and so a 'Mango Smoothie' it was (Day 3 1MKC Breakfast).


Breack 
(Breakfast and Snack)



Mango Smoothie Serves 1
1 cup skim milk 
! fresh mango 
2 Tbs rolled oats 
2 Tbs low-fat yoghurt 
2 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender.

Lunch was the birthday boys choice and so the Hogs Breath Cafe it was.



After looking at the menu for AGES and weighing up this against that I finally decided on the Calamari Balsamic Salad (a mixture of fresh cos and mesculin lettuce, carrots, cucumber, mixed beans, spanish onion and balsamic italian vinaigrette with salt and pepper calamari drizzled with a honey sweet chilli sauce and garnished with a lemon wedge) and it was very enjoyable. Those of you who know me well are probably re-reading that last part to make sure you read it right but YES I HAD CALAMARI and ENJOYED IT - miracles can happen!

Next it was a choice of the Movies or Ten Pin Bowling and luckily he chose bowling as my will power to avoid the wafting smell of Buttered Popcorn saying EAT ME! EAT ME! EAT ME! wasn't very strong and Buttered Popcorn would have to be my BIGGEST weakness I can eat a whole large tub on my own and go back for more.

After bowling we went to Max Brenner for a coffee OR in my case a white chocolate chai, which was devine BUT left me feeling bloated and guilty :(

Dinner was the birthday boys favourite meal....BEEF STROGANOFF which I cooked from scratch (cookery the australian way cookbook) and he said was the BEST he has ever had which made me feel very special. And as if having the fish wasn't enough I even had some of this despite the mushrooms. Have you fallen off your seat yet? LOL!

SOOOOOOOOO I guess you are wondering about the cake?? Well, I am so very proud of myself as I could of purchased a full size one and then had a slice or three but instead I brought mini cupcakes and had only 1.
Looked funny with the candle in it but it was still special

And that was our day - no official exercise but we did walk around the shopping centre.

When I asked if he had a nice day Glenn said that he was happy to have a gorgeous woman and beautiful kids to spend his day with. This is where you all say AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

I wanted to take this opportunity to also mention Glenn's daughter Stephanie who would of been celebrating her 18th Birthday today. Sadly Stephanie died in a tragic motorcycle accident on Christmas Day. Words cannot express the emotions inside our hearts and we will never understand why but we believe that things happen for a reason and she will always be in our hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!