Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Achieving PB's Feels Great

Holy Cow where does the time go?? I am sure I have said that in many other blog posts but it really does feel as though if I blink too long I will miss a huge chunk of the year, I mean its March already!!!!!!

Since the last post I have achieved heaps training wise and I wanted to share them with you, because I am proud of myself, yep you heard me I praised myself and it feels good to pat myself on the back rather than kicking myself up the butt LOL!

EVERY single accomplishment you make on your journey is to be celebrated.....


ACHIEVEMENTS and PERSONAL BESTS

1.  STEP JUMP

I started off with just the step on the floor and then slowly raised it up to shin height which is tough physically but especially mentally.  I am so happy to say that I finally pushed through the negative self talk to be able to jump with both feet together up onto the step, not just once but consecutively.


By negative self talk I mean telling myself that I was too heavy and that the step would break underneath me, telling myself that my knee will break from the pressure on impact and telling myself that there is no way that I can jump that high and that I would fall flat on my face and humiliate myself.  It has literally taken me years to get past it but I am finally there, it's not a Cross fit Box Jump but its a start.


2.  BACK SQUATS

So once a week in training we have been focusing on my Squats and building up strength in my legs again after my knee operation.  My biggest fear with the squat is getting stuck in the low phase and not being able to get back up so, in comes a seat or step or box which acts as my safety net and also ensures that I am getting the proper depth.


We (my trainers and I) have been slowly increasing the weight over the past few weeks and I have now achieved a PB (personal best) of 3 reps @ 51kg's, which I think is amazing as it was only 2 weeks before that I was amazed at reaching 42kgs so to go up by a whole 9kgs freaks me out as it even felt easier than the lower weight - go figure huh!


What I would like to take a moment to reflect upon is how freaking heavy 51kgs is and to once again ask 'how the heck did I carry around all that extra weight for so long?'.  Is it any wonder my knee got screwed up.  I promise myself that I will NEVER allow myself to get there again and I am so proud of how far I have come.  More praise, holy cow I hope you haven't fallen over ;o)

Me at my heaviest weight of 127.5kg

3.  DEADLIFTS

PB of 57kg Deadlifts whilst standing on top of a step so that I get an extra stretch as being gumby (flexible) means that in normal range I don't get to feel it where I am supposed to which in this exercise is the hamstrings.

Getting good technique is ultra important for me and even though I could of probably lifted heavier it would of been with poor form which could increase my risk of injury and so its not worth taking the risk.


4.  SHOULDER PRESS

PB of 27kgs and I am so happy with that result as it was achieved on a Monday after I had worked photographing a wedding for 12 hours and then got on the turps, so as you can imagine I wasn't feeling too strong at all :/

On top of all that I am also doing crazy cardio WOD's (workout of the day) and can feel that my fitness levels are once again improving - YAY!  

I have to say that am loving lifting weights as it makes me feel empowered!

.....but she's sexy while she's doing it!

I want to give a shout out to my two awesome trainers Craig Harvey and Toni Lane at Invictus Fitness & Mixed Martial Arts who manage to continue to push me just that little further each time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!