Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jan 2014...

In my last blog post for 2013 I revealed that my weight had crept up to 91.1kg! Over the christmas holidays however due to excessive eating, drinking and laziness this went up to 92.2kg and old feelings of being uncomfortable in my own skin once again resurfaced. It was after watching the first episode of The Biggest Loser and bawling my eyes out due the emotions of being obese still being so raw to me, that I vowed to never ever go back to that place of self hatred and loathing. 

I am dedicated to being the best that I can be despite the 'cbf' days and the injuries and the roadblocks that appear along the way. I may not reach that place where I think I want to be but I won't ever give up fighting for it.


It seems that this year I am being tested...

Whilst attempting to side step obstacles in the construction zone otherwise known as my backyard (Gym / Massage Room Renovation), I (re)dislocated my knee and as a result threw out my back. Add to this a persistent headache, rotator cuff troubles and lung problems and you get one very crabby and frustrated Tash.

Before and After - it looks brand new :)

 OUCH - I see the surgeon in April

Despite the adversities of my injuries I have still gone to training and even though it is incredibly frustrating not being able to do the crazy push yourself to the limit stuff that I usually would be doing I refuse to let this roadblock stop me completely. 

I have still been able to do my Pull ups although not consistently due to my shoulder being a pain in my arse (scans revealed adhesions and tendonitis / bursitis) and have made good progress. I have been working on my balance, stretching as much as possible and still doing whatever I can with some outside of the square thinking. So despite my frustration I am still going forward - just not as I had originally intended.

As a believer that everything happens for a reason I am using this time as lesson in patience, persistence and dedication (my 2014 mantras) and trying as much as possible to find positives.....one of them being that it will help me to better assist those experiencing the same road blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!