Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Part 2 Feb 2nd 2019

KID FREE FOR 24 HOURS

We arrived at the York on Lilydale at 2pm.

After checking into our room we lazed around for a bit before deciding to jump in the pool.



After that, it was a mad rush to get ready and head off to Dale (Marks cousin) and Alicias Wedding Ceremony.



Why I decided to straighten my fringe and wear bangs on a stinking hot day is beyond me!

DALE & ALICIAS BIG MOMENT


Omgoodness it brought back so many memories of our special day that I had tears welling up before the absolutely stunning bride had walked down the aisle...to the Star Wars theme LOL!

There were a couple of moments that really stood out to me...

*Acknowledgement and committment from each of the parents.

*Ring ceremony which included the significance of the engagement ring.

*Box of letters to remain closed until certain milestones and in tough times.

Gotta say though, I don't know about the 'tough times' bit...I mean, even in those times that Mark has given me the shits (yes they do happen, although very rarely and usually only one a month or during the month over something trivial), the last thing I want to do is look at anything wedding related LOL!

After the ceremony, we went back to our room to cool down in front of the aircon AND enjoy our room service dinner.


The added bonus was that Marks sister (Deb) and niece (Kiralee) also joined us. It was so good to catch up and spend time in each others company.

The reception was lots of fun, abeit my dinner getting stuck and not allowing me to drink more than a glass of wine...bugger, I was hoping to get a little tiddly! Didn't stop me kicking up my heels on the dance floor though and mingling.






After the reception we went back to the room where we had a spa, watched some TV and just enjoyed each others company **wink wink**


Sunday 3rd Feb

So we slept through our 8am alarm and woke at 9am. We had planned to meet the newly wedds at 8.30am for breakfast (free too which is a bonus) and so got dressed, packed up the room and arrived fashionably late oops.

At 10am we checked out and headed home, arriving at 12.15pm because we waited 20 minutes at maccas for a frappe and coffee (and they were horrible OMG).

The boys were happy to see us (Ace had text umteen times asking when we were coming) and even happier that we bought a cupcake and lollie bag back for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!