Monday, October 24, 2016

Bullshit!!!

On Saturday 22nd of October we had plans that fell through and so instead of just putting on our PJ's and having a lazy night (which seems to be the norm on our kid free weekends), Mark suggested that we go out and celebrate our 2 year 'friend' anniversary a couple of days early.

So, we put on the clothes we were wearing the night we met, albeit it a big snug. 

 Thankfully nothing split! LOL

And what happened next you can hear about in the VLOG below! 

I'm ENGAGED! 

To say I was surprised is an understatement..I think me saying BULLSHIT loud enough for everyone in the restaurant to turn around proves that, I will never live that down! 

We had of course spoken about moving forward in our lives together and he knew that since my last counselling session I no longer had any reservations BUT I didn't expect for it to happen when it did OR in a restaurant full of strangers! OMGoodness, I can remember hearing them say "Oh wow, I've only ever seen this happen in the movies"...um, yep me too! When I finally sealed my Yes with a kiss they all applauded which was really special.


What came as no surprise to me though was that like the true gentleman Mark is, he was sure to ask the boys, my step Dad and my Mum for their permission first - thank goodness they all said yes *phew*. 


I've since found out that he asked them a while ago and purchased the ring with the money he got from the settlement of his old house (what a perfect way to end a chapter and start a new one) but was waiting for the 'right' time.


After I had composed myself enough to leave the restaurant, we popped into the pub where we first met to listen to the band that was playing the night we met (synchronicity at its finest) and to have a celebratory drink...Tequila of course! 


After the band had finished its set, this man came up to talk to us. He said he had been watching us across the dance floor and just wanted to tell us how beautiful it was to see two people so in love. Of course I had to blurt out that we only just got engaged and with that he sang a few lines of 'love is the air', shook Marks hand, kissed my hand, told us how happy he was and went back to his drink. 


I also told the bouncer, the lead singer and a few other strangers too, after texting my Mum and my Sister and a brief phone call to Mark's parents to tell them...but again he was a sweetie and had already made a sneaky phone call earlier that day to tell them he was going to be 'asking me a very important question by the end of the weekend'. 


I wanted to shout it from the rooftop but I also knew that I didn't want to post it on face book until I had an opportunity to tell the boys and also Glenn, in person first. 


We were so excited that we just kept taking selfies LOL!


So yesterday when Glenn dropped off the boys I told him in person. I know that I don't owe him any thing and that it is my life to choose to do what I like but I felt that it was the right thing to do. I have too much love and respect for him, for him to find out from social media or to be told by the boys.


Then it was time to tell the boys...what better way than to do a re-enactment.

A re-enactment photo of Mark proposing to me!


They both gave us the thumbs up with lots of whoo hooing and said 'about time' LOL.

Then we could announce it to the world!


WOW! The messages of support just keep flowing, we are so deeply touched by all the comments and messages.


I LOVE my ring...
I can't stop staring at it!


It is no secret that since we met, became friends then progressed to more, that it has not always been easy. One thing I know for sure though, is that through it all our love just grew stronger and we knew that together we can get through anything. 

Who would of thought that 2 years ago when we met in a crowded bar that we would be here now. Its been a roller coaster ride and a half, but I'm glad to be screaming, laughing, terrified, excited, riding the ups and the downs with Mark right beside me.



We haven't set a date yet as I still haven't come down from the high after he surprised me, not an easy thing at all to do (he was supposed to give me a sign to get my nails done LOL). 


I am so excited to move forward into the future knowing that I have my sweet man by my side every step of the way...he makes me giddy with happiness and I am so in love!

2 comments:

  1. I am really excited for you guys. He's a good man Tash. You have really brought out the best in him.
    Love you both.
    Deb!xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deb. He is a good man and has also brought out the best in me. Love to you also xoxo

      Delete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!