Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I've got this...

Today (Monday the 7th of November 2016) is officially the first day of my university degree...to say I'm nervous and a bit stressed is an understatement - I think I've asked myself 'what the heck were you thinking?', a million times already LOL. BUT I am also very excited about my future and working towards something I can be proud of myself for and so very blessed that I have an amazing support network.


Day 1 of being a uni student didn't exactly run smoothly due to my little man Jazz, being unwell and us spending a good part of the day at the doctors. 



However, I juggled and rescheduled like a mad woman and not only did I get work done (massages) but I even managed to stock the fridge/pantry with good healthy food (I love Coles Online), cook tonight's meal and precook another two nights, spend time with my boys, get the house into ship shape order AND look through my uni stuff to diarise assessment due dates and exams over the next 14 weeks. 



I also wrote my first forum post which was an introduction piece. It took me ages and after writing and rewriting and editing and re-editing, I finally posted this:



I'm Natasha (either pronounced with or without the 'r' sound - I answer to both, and also to Tash or Tarsh). I am 41 and 11 months and live in Bacchus Marsh which is 45 minutes from Melbourne. I am a Mum to two rambunctious boys aged 11 and 12 who are my world. I am newly engaged and very thankful for my partners support so that I can pursue this journey towards becoming a Naturopath, which I must say has me excited and nervous at the same time!



For me, the journey of holistic healing started a young age (I was born into a linage of Maori tribal healers) however, after losing my Dad to cancer when I was 16 I shut myself down completely. After a period of trials and confusion which culminated in the diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in 1998, seeing me nick named 'Typhoid Tash', I visited a Mind, Body and Spirit Festival and received the wake up call I needed. From then on I started opening myself up to the universal energy and reconnecting spiritually and as fate would have it (synchronicity at its finest), I would meet just the right people at just the right time or find books which contained the answers I had questions to. My thirst for knowledge was ignited. I completed my Mastership in Reiki, attended classes and workshops in Meditation, Aromatherapy (I am also a DoTERRA wellness advocate), Shiatsu, Massage, Psychic Development to name a few.



Unfortunately in 2001 my life was once again turned upside down and I started to live what some might call a 'Rock'n'Roll' lifestyle, which saw me straying from my path. 



In 2003, I fell pregnant with my first child and made a decision to once again turn my life around. He was born in Jan 2004 and in Jun 2005 his brother joined him. As the one thing I wanted for my boys was to be happy and to follow their dreams, I felt that I should lead by example and walk the talk so to speak!



One of my biggest dreams was to sing and so that's exactly what I did and performed regularly in pubs and festivals as a guitarist and singer. This is something that I loved doing, however it was not something that I found worked well for my family, so it became more of a part time thing and up until a year ago I was doing the odd gig here and there performing my original material (a fusion of country, folk with a dash of blues and pop-rock). I haven't been able to perform for the past year due to Auto Immune issues, I constantly get tonsillitis and am 'not' very patiently waiting to have them removed. I also work as a photographer now and then capturing everything from weddings to newborns.



I picked up where I left off with regards to Massage and studied to become a Remedial Massage Therapist. I also became a Personal Trainer, as my weight has always been an issue and I wanted to help others achieve the same kind of results I had with regards to weight loss (although I did have the help of a lap band - certainly not the easy way out). I also did a Cert III course in Nutrition. I am currently running my own home based business as a Remedial Massage Therapist & Personal trainer. 



I love singing and playing the guitar, photography, blogging, camping, quality time with my family and friends and pretty much anything that allows me to be creative, oh and I love my cat 'Tat' who thinks he is a dog!



I decided to do the Bachelor of Naturopathy because I felt that it would add a new dimension to my current career, because of my own personal experience of Naturopathy throughout this past year with my own health issues and to be able to support my families health and well-being in a more natural way (both of my boys are asthmatics, my partner has ongoing health issues and my Mum was diagnosed with Cancer earlier this year).



Despite the fact that my physical health is not 100%, I am happier and mentally healthier than I have ever been. It feels great to be connected to life again and to be pursing something that makes me both excited and nervous at the same time!


xox Tash :)

To say that I'm exhausted is an understatement (omgoodness its only Monday LOL and of course I can't get to sleep which is why I am writing this at 2am Grrr!) but me getting through today despite everything has shown me that I've got this


I still have some work to do in order to make things run a little more smoothly should things like today happen, and let's face it they are the reality of life.


I am so thankful for all the support from my incredible man and so now its time to check my last box for the day and spend some time snuggling.  


I've got another huge day tomorrow, but enough about that I will deal with it when it arrives, for now I am going to enjoy the NOW moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!