Friday, March 8, 2019

A Poem...

Thought I would share a poem I wrote on the 6th of March 2016, as it resonated for me again!

Back Porch, Home

My Happy Place

There are days that this head of mine
Feels like its about to explode
And this weight upon my shoulders 
Is one big massive load
But here within this place
Where the mountains span and river flows
I feel as though I can breathe
And just for a while the burden goes

So now as I sit at home
Contemplating a week of hustle
My mind wanders back to here
To where the leaves would rustle
The soft breeze blowing upon my skin
Warmth of the sun upon my face
I'm here, I'm free, I'm me
This is my happy place


Wellington River, Licola!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!