Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Week 3 of Feb 2019

Okay so here it is, week 3 of February in the life of me...


Monday 18th 

I woke up and thought..."I need to call the breast care nurse this week to find out what's going on with my appointment". On my first work break I checked my phone and wouldn't ya know it, I'd missed a call from the hospital. So, I called back and discovered that they had me in their system TWICE; my name now and my old married name from like 20 years ago.  Basically they were calling to see if I was indeed the same person, which I am!  I can't remember way back then why I was even at the Royal Womans hmmm possibly the PCOS/T2DM/CFS! Anywho, I asked about my surgical appointment explaining the shamozzle of it all and they apologised saying they had lost my initial referral in their system (I'm thinking maybe because of the reason they rang in the first place), but I would get an appointment letter in the mail within a month. First tick off my to-do-list for the week!

I finished work at 7pm and then pretty much went straight to bed, aka no proper 'exercise' for the day.

Tuesday morning - the 19th

I had a lazy start to the day with a big sleep in.  This meant I didn't get to see the boys off, which I don't like doing as I like being able to wave them goodbye.  They did come in and give me a kiss though, something I am ultra thankful for.  

I also missed going to my husbands medical appointment which I am not happy with myself, or him about (he felt I needed the rest more which is why he didn't wake me up - sweet yes but also ggrrr).  This meant that everything that needed to be addressed wasn't, which meant another appointment for him on Friday AND also another on Saturday as we ran out of time in the first one!  Lessons learnt for next time: A)  Make sure I wake up OR B)  Write a note of things for him to address, actually I should just do B anyway!

The rest of our Tuesday was spent in the kitchen whipping up all of this...


Chocolate Cashew Cups - Raspberry Muffins - Cheesy Broccoli Muffins - Apricot & Almond Balls - Zucchini Breakfast Muffins - Lemon & Coconut Bliss Balls - Raw Peanut Butter Bars - Banana and Pear Muffins - Iced Cinnamon Scrolls - Passionfruit Muffins - Choc Cherry Slice - Blueberry Chia Muffins - Mini Chia and Orange Muffins - Kids Naughty Muffins (not a THM recipe) - Bacon, Corn and Cheese Loaf and Hidden Veg Bolognaise, Stewed Cinnamon Apples & Deviled Sausages.

Also made a couple of others not shown...Mince and Bean Taco mix, Minestrone Soup and Frozen Yoghurt Berry & Macadamia Bars
.

Why so much? 

Mostly because with working part time and study soon to start I wanted to eliminate the excuse of not having time to put together a healthy snack/lunch, and also because I kind of found myself enjoying making things from scratch that my family and the kids friends were enjoying...shock horror! 

There has been a downfall though (although one could look at it as an upside), and that is the fact that all this cooking has made me completely lose my appetite, I am so over the sight and smell of food...funny how that works hey! I have been trying to stay on track though and get in as much as my body will allow, which is certainly no where near the 6 meals and 1600 calories I'm supposed to consume.

Oh, I had a question asked about how much it costs me for the weekly meals. Its a bit tricky to work out as I discovered when doing my big pantry overhaul that I had quite a bit of the staples on hand (herbs, spices, flour, nuts, cans, you get the drift...Aldi is amazing for all of those things). But, on average I'd say around $250 per week for the 4 of us, for all our meals on plan plus the kids 'not so healthy' stuff, oh and extra household tidbits.  I'd like to reduce that down more though as it is over budget, it doesn't help that I've been using Coles Online - as convenient as it is, Aldi is way more affordable.  I just don't like actually going out of the house and shopping...who has time for that!

Exercise wise, other than dancing around like crazy people in the kitchen most of the day, I again didn't do a proper scheduled workout.

Wednesday 20th 

Another big work day and I again finished at 7pm, which meant...you guessed it, no exercise!

Oooh I got my hospital letter in the mail and am booked to see the breast surgeon on the 13th of May.  Whilst we were kinda hoping for sooner, it works out that the date actually aligns with my surgical date calculations...well we are hoping anyway!

Thursday 21st 

Quiet work day which allowed me to get back into the kitchen to prep a few other meals. 

That night I again rode my bike to and from aqua aerobics (or water dancing as it has fondly been named).  Not sure I will be doing that too many more times though, as it was dark on the way home and that made me feel a little uneasy; must add 'get bike light' to our wishlists.  Aqua was good, although I did struggle to push as hard as I feel I could have.

Another ooohhh is that before heading back into my 3rd and final year of the Bachelor of Complementary Medicine degree in March, I decided to take on a little side course in Mental First Aid.  My manual arrived today and I am super keen to get started and work towards accreditation.  Mental Health issues affect so many people in different ways and I am passionate about being able to build upon and learn new skills that will help to make a difference in peoples lives.


Oh, I have to share something we found hilarious tonight.  So I'd already prepped and started cooking our dinner, following the recipe for 4 people, but we ended up with an extra mouth (I should of known better as we usually have an extra), so I just divided it figuring that we also had dessert so it would be ok.  


The boys reaction when they came to the table and saw it was hilarious, with them enquiring as to whether this was just a "snack".  To add to that, during our prayer time, Mark also gave thanks for the "snack".  For me personally, it was more than enough and I was full after the 3rd mouthful LOL.

TGI Friday 22nd.  

I had a quiet work day finishing off with Mum, who then shouted us out to lunch at Stoneys.  I went completely off plan and had Beef Lasagna, salad and chips, which was DELICIOUS and it all stayed down WINNING!   

From there we went to the doctors for my darling husband who on top of his diabetes giving him grief, had another bout of prostatitis and a toothache, and so desperately needed some antibiotics and pain relief.

That evening we dropped the boys off at their Dads, popped in quickly to visit Mum to pick up the vape she had for us and then it was home.

Friday night we had a visit from the gorgeous Bec which is always awesome.

And the rest of the night I backed up my photos from my phone to the computer.  I had like 6000 photos on my phone which for me is like a WOW moment.  I'm usually one of those who clears her phone every week.  Admittedly, it was only my photos I hadn't done in a while.  My emails and text messages get cleared or filed daily.

Saturday 23rd 

After the docs it was a kidfree cruisy day with Mark pottering in the shed and me moving photos from computer to hard drive. 

Around 1.30am we decided to have a little nip of 'fake' baileys before heading off to bed.  

Not long after Mark said that he felt like he needed to be sick so got up to head inside to the loo (we were ofcourse sitting outside on the back patio).  He made it into the back door and that was it, he went down.  Somehow I managed to half catch him, thus preventing him from hitting his head on the concrete.  Talk about being shit scared, but somehow I kept it together...check for a pulse, get him into a more comfortable position and call the ambulance - all whilst calming talking to him, trying to bring him too.  As I was doing this, my CPR training kept running through my head.  Have I mentioned how scared I was? I seriously thought I had lost him.  As I said, he came too and so I got the lady on the phone to keep talking to him while I ran inside to open the front door for the ambulance...I was so scared to leave him incase he passed out again.  By the time the ambulance arrived he was more alert and able to sit up on a chair.  They did all their tests and turns out it was a diabetic hypo (low sugar), as well as a reaction between the small amount of grog with the medication.  He had something to eat/drink and was back to his cheeky self again just like that.  We went to bed and he slept like a log, with me staying awake to check he was still breathing every 5 minutes.  


I have told him that if he EVER does that to me again, when he comes too I will knock him out myself.  Frecking heck maybe the ambos should of checked my vitals!

Sunday 24th 

I was still in shock and the tiredness had hit like a tonne of bricks.  But we pushed through and picked up the shopping and got ready for the week ahead.  The boys got home at 3.30pm.

Ace came home with oil burns on his hand/arm from the deep fryer, why he was allowed to use it unsupervised is beyond me.  Aloe Vera to the rescue!

And thats that, week 3 of Feb in the life of me and mine, done and dusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!