Thursday, July 12, 2012

WEEK 6 and Time to reassess

Today is my Day 2 of WEEK 6 (I started on the Wednesday but officially it is Day 4) on the 12WBT challenge and my start has been rocky to say the least so I thought that it would be a perfect time to go back over the past 5 weeks and reassess my goals and make note of any adjustments that I want to make in order ensure that the next 6 weeks of the challenge are kick arse ones!


So, it may come as no surprise to you that my initial goals turned out to be a little high and so unfortunately I didn't achieve the things listed on my 1 month goal plan and the self sabotage started.  So, instead of being my own worst enemy and being unforgiving and self punishing I have decided that enough is enough and its time to swallow some concrete and harden the f*&k up and stop the self sabotage crap because there has in fact been positives and I need to focus on them and JFDI.  

The first step in this process is to release all EXPECTATION that everything has to be done perfectly because it doesn't! Things don't always run to schedule or fit into a perfect mould BUT that doesn't mean that its not just as it should be. It doesn't matter whether I achieve my goal by following the plan that I mapped out, or whether I get there in the amount of time allocated, all that matters is that I never give up reaching for it.


Being a perfectionist is hard work as I put so much pressure on myself for it to all be PERFECT that when things go a little off course - whether it be a step backwards or a shuffle sideways, I decide that because it hasn't gone to plan that its not worth finishing because 'I don't do half arsed - it's all or it's nothing'. Realistically though, quitting is the worst kind of half arsed there is because it robs me of ever achieving what it was I set out to accomplish.

The measure of a person is not on how well she prepares for everything to go right: but how gracefully she stands up and moves on when everything goes wrong! 

Real failure is giving up

MY 1 MONTH GOALS WERE:

Walk 1km without my walking stick - I managed to do 1.16 km with my stick along a bush track, after a PT session.

To lose 4 kilos - In 5 weeks I have LOST 2.1kg, LOST 3.7% Body Fat, GAINED .7% Skeletal Muscle and LOST a total of 11cm (after 3 weeks).

To finish my Cert 4 in Massage, Cert 3 and 4 in Fitness and Cert 4 in Nutrition - Massage completed and 2 modules sent in for Fitness as well as updating my CPR.

So, as you can see even though I didn't achieve what I set out to do in my time frame, I did infact make the steps towards it. If I had of continued to self sabotage I would of ended up further away than before....ah the joys of the vicious cycle.

MY NEW GOALS ARE:

My OVERALL goals:

WEIGHT
I will weigh within my healthy BMI weight range of 64kg to 72kg.
My goal weight is 71kg and I will lose 12.4kgs to achieve this.
I will aim for 1/2 to 1kg per week

BODY FAT
I will have a body fat % within the healthy range of between 21 to 33%.
My goal is 25% and I will lose 22.2% to achieve this.

SIZE
I will fit comfortably into my Size 12 jeans


They currently do up and I could wear them if I don't move or I don't breathe LOL!


These are the same jeans that I have previously worked hard to fit into and each time I swore that when I got there that I would wear them happily with pride. As you can see from the expression on my face in the photos above (2009/2010), this didn't happen and so I am planning on making this my 3rd time lucky....I WILL FIT COMFORTABLY INTO MY SIZE 12 JEANS AND I WILL BE HAPPY AND PROUD OF MYSELF WHEN I DO....I pinky promise this to myself.

 You can break the pinky but you can't break the promise

EXTRA...
It would be a BONUS if I could do up my stretchy size 10's too

Not too far away...

FITNESS

I will be able to do at least 1 X Full Pull Up (unassisted)


Even though this next bit will contradict what I wrote above about expectation, I have set some time frame goals with the condition that these are only guidelines to work towards and will not become a catalyst for self sabotage should they not be completed or achieved in the manner that I have set out BECAUSE as long as I am doing all that I can to work towards them then that is the biggest achievement of all.

My 1 MONTH goals: I will achieve the following by August 12th 2012
  • I will lose 2 kilos, reduce my Body Fat % and Increase my Skeletal Muscle % 
  • I will train 4 days per week - 2 PT's, 1 Boot Camp, 1 GYM 
  • I will finish my Cert 3 and 4 in Fitness and Cert 4 in Nutrition 
  • I will do my business books so that our tax can be done 
  • I will find a balance between Family, Work and Me time 
  • I will walk the path I am on with confidence 

HOW I WILL GET THERE:

  • I will lose 2 kilos, reduce my BF and increase my SM by being CONSISTENT with my nutrition and exercise - Eat Clean and Train Mean. 
  • I will train 4 days a week by ensuring that I REST on my off days and by doing my physiotherapy exercises and attending my appointments. 
  • I will make sure that I use my stick when I go out so that I do not fall over and hinder my progress. 
  • I will finish my courses by being dedicated to my study days/times 
  • I will manage my time by setting work/study/family time and by sticking to it 
  • I will walk the talk and increase my self esteem with self love exercises 
  • I will not slip back into negative patterns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!