Thursday, August 23, 2012

I joined Weight Watchers

Since the 12WBT was coming to an end and I made the decision not to continue on into Round 3, I bit the bullet and on Sunday night I joined Weight Watchers online.  

Today is my Day 4 and I am happy to say that I am doing really well (no chocolate or junk) and in 4 days I have lost 1.2kg with no exercise (well I went for a 10 minute stroll around the block on Monday afternoon).



I would ideally love to attend the weight watchers meetings but unfortunately the day/time for this area didn't fit my schedule and so I am going to go it alone with the online service instead. My impression of it so far is that its not exactly user friendly for those that aren't computer savy but with practise and patience I think it would become quite easy to navigate and you can use it on the iphone too which is a bonus.

It cost $90.00 for 3 months access and gives you a place to record your weight/measurements, daily food (a 7 day menu plan is provided) and exercise (no plans provided you need to source these yourself) and blog. It also has its own community with forums and challenges and HEAPS of other weight loss related information links. I think that it could get a bit overwhelming if you tried to look into everything all at once.

The pro points plan is taking me a little while to get used to as I normally count calories and so its just a new way of looking at things but I do believe that it could be quite successful as I have already started comparing the pro point value of my choices and making sure that I fill up on my zero point choices rather than those that I would consider to be 'empty' calories.

1 comment:

  1. Hi just wanted to say that I like your article very much. Please keep up the good posts Thanks a ton! and Have a good day

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!