Monday, July 13, 2020

Covid-19 Second Wave

Here we are again!  Well kinda, sorta anyway!


ANSWER:  All projects have glitter! Plus, it will stay in the room for years despite vacuuming 100 times!

From midnight on Wednesday 8th July, metropolitan Melbourne, plus the Mitchell Shire went into stage 3 lockdown for at least the next six weeks.  Meaning, that once again the only reasons that one can leave their house is for food, work, health and care giving.  Students from prep to years 10 were given an extra week.of holidays, with their home schooling set to start again on Monday 13th.

Look, its no surprise really.  

You know how I mentioned the Black Lives Matters (BLM) uproar in early June?!?  Well, in support of that, thousands of people took to the streets to protest, and well, social distancing and masks were pretty much non-existent by the majority.  Do I support BLM, Hell Yes!  Do I agree with a protest during a pandemic?  Fuck No!  But, regardless of what I feel, here we are!

I don't believe that it's the only reason.  I personally think things went back to normal (well the new 'normal' anyway) too soon; visiting, hugging, gyms/classes,.shopping just because, going to movies, out to dinner.  People either became complacent or just don't give a fuck, its as simple as that.

Oh, and this is where I explain the kinda, sorta!  Bacchus Marsh, where we live is classified as a regional suburb and so there is no lockdown for us.

To say I am not happy about this is somewhat of an understatement *DAMN IT*.

I mean, we border Melton which IS a lockdown suburb right!?!.  Our children are expected to go to school as usual!  Mind you, several of our teachers, and even students for that matter come from Melton...I mean c'mon, can you not see the stupidity in that!  

My Mum who lives in Melton cannot come to visit me for even 30 minutes.  But, others from the same suburb can hang with my kids at school all day - MAKES NO SENSE!  Especially considering Mum works with the public and all precautions are taken, but at school they don't have to so social distancing, or wear masks hmmmm!


The boys were supposed to go back to school today.  But, I refuse to send them, at least until cases start drastically reducing.

To further cement my decision, two covid-19 cases have been confirmed in Moorabool in as many days READ HERE!

I will need to message the school at some stage for work for the boys.  Mindyou, at the end of last term I was advised that if I kept them home we would only receive minimal support.  Ridiculous, especially considering both boys and myself are considered high risk because of asthma, and Mark is high risk due to diabetes!  

Now I know it seems as though I am letting fear control me, but if that was the case we wouldn't leave the house at all.  Admittedly the boys only go out for fresh air and exercise, Mark goes down the street for shopping, and I still go to my various medical appointments.

On a plus, us not being locked down means we may still be able to have our next family catch up, although it won't be the same without Mum.

Anyway, I am going to leave it here for now, no doubt I will have more to say about it at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!