Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Half way there...

Here we are, halfway through 2020, and what a bizarre six months it has been.  When this year started, I never would have predicted the 'unprecedented' events that have occurred thus far. 

What about you?

I can't say that it has completely gone in a different direction than I thought, Covid-19 the exception ofcourse.  And on a personal level, I don't believe that its been my worst year ever, I can think of others where rock bottom was surpassed.  On a global level however, there is no denying that the number of deaths from this worldwide pandemic is extremely sad.

With this in mind and since we are at month 7 of 12, I thought it would be a great time to take a quick inventory of my yearly goals and see if there needs to be a change of direction entirely, or just some simple adjustments so to adapt better.


How would I sum up, what has happened to me in 2020, so far?

Admitted to hospital for unexpected reason!  Admitted to hospital for expected reason!  Admitted to hospital unexpectedly!  Admitted to hospital for expected reason!

Then lots of tests, and various trips back and forth to hospital!

What silver linings have I found in the midst of this years craziness?

I have had guilt free time off work/study to rest and recover.  As well as, had lots of connection time with my family.

What I've learned about myself,  others, and life in general this year?

Firstly, and I think everyone would agree, is that life, is un-freaking-predictable!  I mean, I kinda knew it was, but after this year, I really know!  Can you relate?

As for myself and others, I don't really know what to write for this one; maybe that I'm a cynic and "...believe people are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honourable or unselfish reasons"(Goggle, 2020).

Oh gosh, thats not very positive hey!  It is however, real!

More seriously, something I've learnt about myself (well more confirmed) is that doing nothing (aka resting, resting, resting) makes me feel lazy; worthless and lacking purpose.  I know its only temporary, and its for the purpose of recovering, but contrary to what my mother would have you believe, I actually do not do 'doing nothing' very well.

What I'm most proud of myself for doing, being, learning or understanding this year?

Funnily enough considering what I wrote above, I think it would have to be surrendering and resting.  Yes, to the point of actually becoming quite lazy, well I feel as though I am anyway!  

In saying that, the house is still clean, kids have been getting fed each day, and bills and paperwork is up-to-date.

What word sums up your 2020 experience?

I think it would definitely have to be - RESILIENCE!  


Although I despise it when people say "oh, you're sick AGAIN"!, I must admitt that sometimes it does indeed feel like its just one 'negative' thing after the other.


But as the quote says, I also have lots of blessings to count.

2020's Goals Revisited

*First and foremost my goal is to address ALL health issues.

-Heal and recover from mastectomy so to be ready physically and mentally for revision surgery.  

-Address Gynocological issues.  

-Get lapband fixed.

*After that, its to resume study, and then look at resuming work (once Covid-19 behind us).  In regard to work I'm thinking that some changes are on the cards.  What they are, or what they look like right now, I'm not sure.

*Given that we are getting the Covid-19 payment each fortnight, which is great considering I lost my income, I'd like to put some money aside!  Saving enough to put into a term deposit would be awesome.


*Managing my pain better so that I can heavily reduce, or better still, eliminate my pain meds and detox my body.  This is especially important so that the medication will be effective after the next operation/s.

To be honest with you, it would also help me get some productivity back in my life, and make study less of a challenge.  

Lately my mind is far too consumed by the ever present thick fog which just lingers there to numb the sensory receptors of my brain so that I do not feel pain or anything else for that matter.  Even the simple task of writing this blog has taken what feels to me an eternity to compose, as the words that form within the suffocated confines of my cranium get muddled as they move to my fingers or even to my lips to be expressed in a manner which makes sense to a those which are not in the same intoxicated state of mind as mine.  

In addition, weariness encompasses every inch of my being, and I find myself lying idol for most of the hours which make the day.  My body once so strong feels frail and fatigued.  

The time in which it has taken just to write these words frustrates me to the point of wanting to throw this device across the room but I would then be alone with no outside stimulus of which this provides, and so instead I just sit here continuing to place babble upon the white space before me sighing loudly to release the heat rising within just like a fire breathing dragon.   Oh the heat, yes that glorious internal combustion which for me, at this moment, just adds salt to the already festering wound.  

But, I digress, so I pause,  contemplating whether I have expressed all that I feel needs conveying, although if truth be told, I've since forgotten the point of my writing.  Self expression I assume!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!