Thursday, January 6, 2011

Body Blitz Day 4, Week 1

Today was a really hungry day for me as you can see by the higher calories, but I am happy that I didn't go off the rails and splurge on junk.

Todays FOOD: Total Calories 1577

Breakfast
2 level scoops of Musashi: Protein Powder, Hybrid 92 Vanilla
40g of Uncle Tobys: Oats, Traditional

Snack
2 scoops of Musashi Protein Powder, Hybrid 92, Chocolate
1 small Banana
(Blended into shake)

Lunch
1 wrap (43g) of Wattle Valley: Soft Lite White
25 g of Turkey, 97% Fat-Free
1 slice of Light Cheese (Aldi)
1 tablespoon, mashed Avocado
Mixed Salad
1/2 tablespoon Mayonnaise: 97% Fat-Free

Snack
Serve of Lite Aeroplane Jelly - Portwine
15 Almonds

Dinner
Mexican Chicken

'RECIPE' (Serves 4) - approx 213 calories per serve
500g of Chicken Mince
1 Medium Diced Onion
1 cup chopped Capsicum (Tri-Colour)
Pkt of Old El Paso: Seasonings Taco Mix Mild

Cook onion and mince until browned, add capsicum and heat through.  Add Seasoning mixed with cup of water and simmer.

1 tortilla of Mission: Packaged: Tortillas, 96% Fat Free
1 tablespoon of Sour Cream, Extra Light
1 tablespoon, mashed Avocado
1 slice of Light Cheese (Aldi)
Lettuce, Cucumber, Alfalfa

*Whilst this meal was incredibly delicious it had a total of 509 calories.  I could of saved around 40 calories by having a Wattle Lite Wrap instead of the Tortilla.

Snack
1 tub (200g) Yoghurt: Coles, Lite, Peach & Mango
1 Jarrah: Chai Latte, Vanilla Spice

Today's EXERCISE

45 minutes of Impact Fitness & Wellbeing Boxing - Rocky Balboa eat your heart out!

3km (60 minutes) walk around Moon Reserve.  My boys took their bikes and found it really hard to ride on the gravel and so I pretty much push/pulled them along (in turn) on their bikes the entire 3km's.  That's one way to burn extra calories - phew!

Note:
I am trying to keep my focus with exercise on training smart, so this means that I work within my Aerobic and Thresold zones of between 75% - 90% of my Max Heart Rate - Interval Training.  In order to do this, I work at a high intensity in order to get my heart rate up.  I then keep it up for a minute or more, and then I have a break until my HR drops back down again to the 75%.  Even though the breaks are only around 30 seconds (sometimes a little longer - depending on how buggered I am LOL) I am finding the breaks incredibly frustrating.  But they say that this is the 'SMART' way to train and so I figure I have nothing to loose by giving it a go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!