Sunday, December 30, 2018

June 2018


Month 6 of 12…here comes the quick recap!

4th – Study time! I am grounded in the blessings of intelligence, knowledge and faith. I release all fear, anxiousness and doubt. I've got this!

8th - SO, I am feeling beyond exhausted, still feeling like crap and totally over the pressure of assessment deadlines. And yet I am NOT going to quit! I CAN do this! I WILL submit something relatively half decent and it WILL be on time! Okay break over, back to my totally unbalanced life of having my head in the laptop to achieve miracles! Eye on the prize Tashy girl, eye on the prize!

9th - Hoofreakingrah! Both assessments done and dusted and submitted! Holy crap...I freaking did it! Okay...now its time to relax, rest & recover at least for the next 4 days before exam revision starts anyway. Then after that...4 weeks break from study - bring that shit on I say! Aaaahhhh my smile has returned and am breathing again.  Must say, I'm feeling pretty bloody proud of myself. Mind you, I am definitely feeling the effects of my all nighter. Thanks heaps to everyone who gave me space, encouragement and help...really thought the quick sand had me at one point there!

10th - We had a birthday lunch with our little girl and her special family today (we can't make it to her party next weekend so this was arranged specially for us - so blessed) where we got to give her our combined gift of her very own guitar! 

19th – My baby boy turned 13!  In the lead up to the big day, Operation Goodbye Racing Bed and set up Teenager Double Bed took place successfully!  I am so ultra proud of my boy but when he says things like "Thanks for working so hard Mum so you can buy me nice things", I gotta say my pride metre sky rockets! Oh gosh...time sure does fly! Happy Birthday my precious boy. I love you intergalatic amounts!

I was just looking back at facey memories and realised that this WAS the first time in 2 years I actually got to be with my baby boy ALL DAY for his birthday. (11th he was with Dad in the morning and 12th I was in hospital with Ace) - oh gosh, eyes filling with tears. He may be a 13 year old but he will always be my baby boy...LOVE!



21st - Happy 2 months my sweet adorable sexy husband, the one who weaves a rhythmical creation so effortlessly and yet so beautifully.

Winter Solstice Blessings (Southern hemisphere).

Bare
Her roots embedded 
In the soil 
Damp with dew
Bare
Alone she stands
To the south the birds all flew
Bare
She reaches upwards
Towards the light
That filters through
Bare
She manifests her dreams
Where once again she'll rise anew

Written by Natasha Hurst-Shilling (21.6.18)

24th

Here

The mist is ever present 
Here, within the grey
No sense of dread nor elation felt
In this caven I stow away

Within this place this space in time
Here, within the shadows
A hibernating solace waits 
The veils one by one encloses

The stillness crisp like fallen leaves
Here, within this dabbled light
Slumber calls forth to thee
Like sermons etched in graphite

The colds drawn neigh upon thy flesh
Here, within the furrow
I mourn not for yesteryear
Nor manifest my morrow

A strategic pause a must to take
Here, within the silence
The spinning stops, her soul at rest
It is here, she seeks asylum

Written by Natasha Hurst-Shilling 24th June 2018

25th - Today we were invited to attend a special awards ceremony at the boys school.   Ace was awarded a certificate of academic excellence in Wood Technology and Jazz was awarded a certificate of academic endeavour in Physical Education.  Such a proud Mumma.


26th – Spent the day changing Aces room and giving it a good tidy up.  Omgoodness he is truly a bowerbird…just like his Mapa!


28th - Omgoodness I finally got one of my assessment grades back and I got 97/100. Which means, I head into my exam knowing I've already passed. Such a massive load off! Doesn't mean I won't spend my weekend studying though.
Still got a few more weeks for my sociology of food essay result which is worth 50%...I need 24/100 to pass - fingers crossed as I really don't want to endure the subject again...well the lecturer for the subject more to the point.

Look what we got today. Omg it is the bomb! I only had to do each section ONCE and it was done! Goodbye going over the same spot 10 times and it still looking like it wasn't done. I never thought I would get so excited over a household appliance but seriously...best investment in saving time and sanity ever! A huge thank you to everyone who spoilt us for our wedding to make it possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!