Sunday, December 30, 2018

April 2018


Well, I am playing catch up with my blog again and so I am going to keep them as brief as possible.  If you want to know what we got up to in more detail please be sure to head to instram or facebook!

1st - We celebrated Easter and the boys made my heart smile, because even though they are big high school kids now (tween and teen) I love that they still want to keep traditions going...Happy Easter Every Bunny!

3rd - Spent the day with the cousins!

6th - Time is going so fast and yet not fast enough! I am so excited...in 2 weeks time, I'm getting MARRIED! 

7th - We attended the wedding of two of the most beautiful souls we have the pleasure of calling our friends Nicole and Anthony. To say it was a beautiful day would not do it justice. Every detail was exquisite! We are so proud to have been a part of such a memorable time in their lives and deeply blessed by the gift of your friendship.

10th - Spent some more time with the cousins!

13th - We got our very first wedding gift yesterday...omgoodness so special. I cannot wait to marry my best friend!

14th - We are getting MARRIED in 1 weeks time! Talk about excitement overload and okay I admitt it maybe a little anxiety in trying to make sure I've dotted my i's and crossed my t's - true Tash OCD showing! I can't believe how fast time has flown...this time next week it will be our wedding day!
16th - Counting down on 1 hand people...so freaking excited - 5 days!!!!! Praying for no rain, only light wind and the hormonal blemish on my chin to go away.

On a sad note, it's been a whole year today since I had to say goodbye to my precious fur baby. There has not been a single day he hasn't been missed. He would of made a terrible ring bearer but gee I wish he was here.

17th - 4 to go!  Today I borrowed my sisters (now nieces) wedding pendant with an image of my Dad on it - Something old, new, borrowed and blue all sorted.

18th - Omgoodness 3 days!!!

Ok funny story! SO, we had parent teacher interviews for the boys today - both doing well and as always I'm a very proud mumma! However, Aces English teacher mentioned something about Ace not really liking to read - nothing new to me, never has he would rather be outside working with his hands. Anyway something was said about just having to find a book that sparked his attention! Well, what do ya know! I'm scrolling through my insta feed waiting for the next teacher and come across a post by @coach_craigharvey talking about this book. Next thing I hear Ace say "Oooh THAT book Mum, looks interesting, I'll read that one"! I was like ofcourse you will ya little shit, you just like that it says f*ck, he was like *giggle giggle* "Yup"!

19th - Holy frogballs...2 days!! O.M.G!! So freaking EXCITED!!

20th - Yep that's right, only ONE more day until we stand on this very beach and get MARRIED! 

And then this...just when you are almost finished ticking off your to do list ready to be a bride tomorrow and your Mum calls and says "Can you go to my place because I forgot to pack my underwear". LOL, we were only joking about the nudist beach!  Oh gosh she's gonna kill me for posting but its too freaking funny!

The night before the wedding the four of us stayed at the Torquay Holiday park where apart from Ace being stung by a Bee was fun and relaxing...exactly what we all needed before the big day. Before settling down for the night in front of the tele with pizza/pasta we went for a moonlit stroll on the beach to do a rehearsal, mind you all that went out that window with the emotion of the day LOL. When it was bedtime the boys tried to kick us into the bunks haha, cheeky little monkeys.

21stJumping jimity crickets! It's here! No more count downs...this is it, our big day has arrived! TODAY, we are getting MARRIED!

O.M.G! I am so full of nervous excitement. Today, I make my love for my best friend and soul mate official.  Mark Vincent Shilling, I cannot wait to meet you on the beach and pledge my love for you in front of our family, friends and the entire facebook world!

WHOO HOO!  WE GOT MARRIED!


So many wonderful memories from the day...from getting ready, to Mum giving me a lecture, to the actual ceremony, the celebration afterwards at the place it all began, being carried over the threshold, the wedding night ooohlala!

22nd - We are both so overwhelmed by the abundance of love experienced yesterday and cannot clearly express our deep felt gratitude.

23rd - My husband (yay...I love saying that...my husband) and I are still beaming with happiness and floating on cloud nine after our magical day. Thank you, Thank you, a million times Thank you to everyone who contributed to making our moment what it was. We are just so totally blown away by everyone's love and friendship and cannot clearly express or show our gratitude near enough. WOW! Our words just don't do justice to how thankful we are for each of you and how deeply blessed we feel by the gift of your friendship.

In no particular order...Angie at Spoil Yourself for my beautiful nails, Hidden Gem Beauty Therapy for waxing and pedicure, Skye of Makeup Artistry By Skye Drake for making me look like a stunning bride, Jodi and Danielle of JJ photography for our breathtakingly beautiful photos, Gary Robertson for videography, my cuz James Tapara for the haka, Lianne Nuske Brkic for making it official and her roadie Joe for the music and little touches, Lisa Kornblum, Gary and James for the music during the signing, Jhanine of Bows&Mosey Cake And Cookie Art for our awesome cake, Prue of @missthistleflowers for the stunning flowers, my kid sister Marketta Macdonald for singing me down the aisle, Jeremy & my adorable niece Keana and nephew Kohden for carrying our rings, our parents Chris & Kathy Hurst, Uncle Geoff, Les & Heather, Laura LacyClaudette Hudson for the live footage and so much more, Hosannas care team for working on a Saturday so she could attend, Connors for the 3 boys outfits, City Chic for my exquisite dress, the reject shop, ebay suppliers, Hoskings Jewellers, Torquay Holiday Park, The Great Ocean Road Committee, Flanagans Border InnShameless Coverband, our amazing people - our tribe that came to withness our love being made official and those who celebrated with us afterwards, Bec Lee Taylor for ensuring I didn't leave anything behind at the pub, everyone who moved things at the ceremony so it wasn't washed out to sea and also those that helped my groomzilla set up and pack up...EVERYONE who has congratulated us via comments, messages, phone calls and with cards & gifts...THANK YOU, WE LOVE YOU ALL.  If we have forgotten anyone please accept our most sincere apologies and be sure to say "Hey...what about me it isn't fair".  Oh, and...Amanda Margaret Tonbul for cutting our hair and ensuring mine was grey free. Thank you all!

25th - ANZAC DAY!

Dad, I have missed you every single day for the past 27 years this Anzac Day and I will miss you all the days ahead until I am once again in your arms.  But, there are moments, treasured precious moments like on my wedding day, where my heart aches just that little bit more because you weren't physically there with me.  I will always be your little girl, I will always miss you and honour your memory.  Today I'm wearing your Dads shirt I find it hard to believe that to me you were a man of gigantic stature who towered over me and yet here I am wearing your shirt. I guess its because I'm now a woman. Its ironic how I am now older than you were when he left this world and yet when I think of you, I'm just a little girl who adores her Daddy!
Despite the ache I feel in my heart today which has seen me shed a tear or two, the overwhelming sense of love and happiness has not left me since Saturday. Its so funny how nothing has changed, yet everything has changed, if that even makes sense. Words cannot do justice to this feeling, to my deep sincere heartfelt gratitude to everybody who helped to make our magical moment as special and as memorable as it was. To my husband (I will never tire of saying that), thank you for completing me, yes I know I was pretty bloody special already, but you bring out the best in me and with you I really do feel that my dreams have come true.

26th - Despite that today has MOSTLY been spent coming back to reality aka housework, my adorably handsome husband Mark Hurst-Shilling and I are still floating high on the bubbles of good wishes after our magical moment. We have had our love song suggestions playing in the background as we busily work on getting our home back into pre-wedding order and its been absolutely perfect.  So bloody happy...I don't ever want to float down

28th - Last night my husband, Ace, Jazz, Hosanna, our dear friend Claudette and moi, sat and watched our professional wedding video. WOW...words escape me, it is something we will no doubt watch over and over again - and thats just this week alone.  It's been a whole week since my sweet man Mark Hurst-Shilling, my HUSBAND and I said "I do"! OMGoodness I am still floating on cloud nine and never want to come down.

Tonight we headed out to celerate the elopment of our dear friends Jodi & Shane. Wishing you guys  a llfetime of love and happiness.

29th - Headed out tonight to celebrate the birthday of one of our awesome mates!

AND just like that April was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!