Sunday, December 30, 2018

September 2018

September Gratitude

1st - Spring is here...let the thawing process begin...hibernation is over...time to bloom!  Grateful for Dinner at Mums tonight.

2nd - Happy Fathers Day to my amazing husband. The boys and I love you so much and are so proud to call you our family!  Grateful I could spoil my man today.

3rd - I am thankful that today while I wept my sweet man held me in his arms.  I am thankful that today my sister called to see how I am.  I am thankful that I was gifted with the ability to express my emotion through song.

4th - Massive gratitude to the lovely @anandamaya_ton of @tonbul_hair for getting rid of my greys, giving me bangs and making me feel human again AND to @apple_blossom33 for coming to visit too. I love our catch ups, I am so blessed with the gift of friendship.

So lately I've felt overwhelmed by life in general and as much as I tried to stay strong, yesterday was the moment that the tears started to flow and flow and flow...you know that ugly kind of crying? Well, thats what I'm talking about - not a good look when your nose is already swollen and snuffy! Anyway, after unwrapping myself from my sweetmans arms, he took my hands, looked me in the eyes and asked me a simple question..."What is something positive you can focus on to get through today"? And that there, is where the inspiration to start #september_gratitude came from. I will be completely honest, at first I was so consumed by my own sadness that it was hard to think of something. But, as the saying goes, everyday may not be a good day, but there IS something good in everyday - no matter how trivial that something may be!




5th - Todays gratitude is a chai and a chat with my beautiful friend Sarah, a cuppa and mint slice biscuit with my dear friend Claudette AND my sweetman @markshilling working hard to get the front garden looking nice for me.

6th - I am grateful for a husband that gets up early and gets the boys ready for school while I sleep in until 11am.

Well I didn't move mountains today, but I did make these! Best bit is they didn't cost a thing and we saved the world some landfill. Have I mentioned before how much I love succulents and spider plants? P.S. Its because I rarely kill them.




And while I was sitting on my butt making these my husband was busy working on turning the bike shed into a garden shed.

7th - I was (am) grateful for a comfy warm place in which to rest!

8th - I am grateful for beautiful camilla's in our garden. And, a hubby that embraces his feminine side and puts them into a lovely arrangement for me.




9th - My happy gratitude thoughts for Sunday September 9th other than the fact that I have a clean home, a fridge/freezer that finally works which means it is now full of healthy food, two happy boys, an adorable husband and I submitted my uni forum posts on time IS:  Special gifts from special friends - yummy! Big Mwahs from me to you, thank you.


10th - Todays daily gratitute includes breakfast with my gorgeous friend @nic_sergi_ who gifted me with an awesome comforter set.  A get well soon bunch of roses from one of my massage clients, and a yummy vegetable lasagne for dinner made by moi.

11th - I love love love that both of my boys love mumma snuggles for that I am so grateful and truly blessed.

12th - I am eternally grateful that my two amazing young men chose me to be their Mum.  The past two weeks I have come to realise how blessed we are to have each other. Them loving parents who cares enough to take the time to set boundaries and us, to have them to push those boundaries and test our patience and resolve.  I may be biased in saying so but they truly are great kids that never fail to make me proud, despite the days that they do give me the poop's...which is few and far between.


This moment of them proudly walking me down the aisle to meet my sweet man will forever melt my heart.


13th - I am grateful for each and every one of you who sent prayers, positive thoughts or love to my kid sister today.  I am grateful for all the friends who checked in on me to see how I was going through the excruciatingly long wait today, it means so much, thank you.  I am grateful to live in a country that has such top notch medical facilities and can perform life saving surgical procedures.


14th - Today I am beyond grateful that I got to hear my sisters voice and see her beautiful face...thank you modern technology.  Despite being in a fair bit of pain she is in good spirits and sends her thanks to everyone for the prayers, positive thoughts and love.

15th - I am grateful for awesome uni mates that help me stay sane.  Essay is submitted ✔ Mid semester exam is done ✔and forums posts are up to date ✔

16th - Grateful for a day of doing absolutely zip, zilch, nuffin...except breathing ofcourse!

17th - I went back to work today and despite being tired and the nose being a tad bit sore, I am very proud of myself - even if I do say so myself.  I am grateful to be able to do a job I love, that makes a difference to peoples lives, all from the comforts of home.



Oh and how beautiful is my very first Iris of spring!


18th - After a little public transport debacle around the city today (omgoodness so grateful my 3 men were with me...easier being lost with others lol) coming home felt so good.  The biggest thing I am grateful for today though is that I had a friendly smiling face waiting at the destination for me with a grounding hug. Also thankful that she kept the boys occupied whilst we were in my appointment. And getting time to chat and hangout was a bonus.  Anyway back again in 4-6 weeks which gives my anxiety time to settle down before it spikes again.

19th - I am grateful that in those moments where I feel lost and overwhelmed by life, there are people who I can reach out to who will take the time to listen.

20th - Did nothing but lay in bed and watch netflix!  Nose was a little on the sore, suffy and swollen side today so I am grateful for a day to rest and recharge and watch some funny, sad and wtf movies.  OK so I wasn't completely lazy I did a little uni stuff too.

21st - Its been 5 months today since we sealed our 'I do's' with a kiss.  I am so grateful to have my sweet spunky adorable husband in my world.


22nd - Ostara (Spring Equinox) Blessings.  I am grateful for the renewal that this new day brings.

23rd - So we are just sitting on the back porch chatting about my uni work and a little bird flies in and almost lands on me, to the point I was like "Whoa, WTF".  My dear husband says "Well that was an upclose and personal interaction with nature"!  I'm like "I know right jeez".  Theres a pause and he comes out with **wait for it** "Maybe it was gonna use your hair as a nest".  We both start laughing and I'm like wait! what! "You prick"!  Then we start laughing again and I'm like "So sharing...funny bastard NOT".  So my gratitude today is being able to not only make people laugh at me but also to laugh at myself!


24th - I am grateful for some much needed RnR at the end of a productive day.  And a freshly mown back lawn with thanks to my sweet man!

25th - I am so grateful that we got to spend the afternoon/evening with my sister, brother in law, niece and nephew today AND as an added bonus Mum too.  Highlight for me was sitting with my sister listening to the kids giggling, honestly the cutest sound ever.


26th - I am grateful that when the plumber came and fixed our underground water leak this morning, he didn't kill any of my plants in the process!

27th - I am grateful for long hugs!

28th - I grateful for public holdiays which equal pj days!

29th - Grateful for a lunch date with Mum and watching grandfinal together via text messages.

30th - Grateful for a sleep in, study time and boys coming home early!

And thats a wrap for #september_gratitude 

Another month gone for 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!