Sunday, December 30, 2018

Decemeber 2018

1st - Okay so confession time...our tree and the decorations have been up since Melbourne Cup Day! Yes I'm one of those crazy people who did it early. Admittedly I was in 'prepare for all possible scenarios mode' during that time and figured we were all together so why not use it as something positive to do together. Boys are at their Dads this weekend so our elf hasn't arrived yet...I am sure there will be lots of crazy antics to come. On a final note...first day of Summer and the weather is giving us a beautiful glimpse of the hot days to come!

2nd - My sweet man and I spent the day out in the back garden today. As much as it always feels like the work out there is never done, what we did accomplish feels awesome. Oh and we got our first beetroot YUM!



5th - Ace wrote out his Santa letter today and his P.S made my heart smile..."P.S.  After all, I would be happy to get anything you choose".  He also told me today he told a kid at school to p#$$off as he was picking on MY little brother.  Plus this afternoon when Jazz got home from school, when giving me my usual kiss and cuddle, he said "You look really pretty Mum, but then again you are pretty every day".

9th - Happy Birthday to Me!

Omgoodness I am so totally blown away by all the birthday love I have received today. Saying thank you does not feel like enough but thank you, thank you, thank you! You have all made me feel so special and loved.  My family fill me with so many blessings each and everyday but today I was so spoilt with so many wonderful gifts that my heart is overflowing with gratitude.  Most of all, I am truly thankful for the privillege of 44 years earthbound...yes, even the grey hair and wrinkles that come with it.


Oh and we spent the day catching up with my Mums brothers and their families and it was so truly wonderful to all be together again...first time in 40 years!




11th - So today this happened - new hair, yeah! yeah!



12th - My baby sister had her final radiation treatment today. I am so proud of the way she has fought and held strong throughout this whirlwind of a year. “It's not about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward". Onward soldier! Onward!


14th - Came across a poem I wrote back in 2015 in my facey memories, and felt like sharing it again xo

Life can change in the blink of an eye
With each fleeting moment a chance passes by
Or perhaps its seized and captured as yours
Embraced for all it is both beauty and flaws
We take the good with the bad and the bad with the good
Sometimes we cant change it or dont if we could
For it all adds up to be who we are
All tiny grains of sand in an hour glass jar
I really don't know what I'm trying to say
Except embrace life and what it offers each day
Be thankful to those who are present and gone
And draw from the strength of each lesson learnt to carry on

16th - After 4 months of not having it in because of nose op, I managed to put my nose ring back in today YAY - Ouch!

17th - Ace went off to his Year 8 school camp today and the elf was hoping to hitch a ride. And, in all the elf crazyness this mumma forgot to get the traditional "off to camp" pic EEEKKK!  


18th - I felt so uneasy last night not knowing if my boy was safe but got a text message and now Mumma is feeling at ease again!

19th - Todays awesomeness includes:  My big boy Acey coming home from camp! Our home is complete again, we missed him so much.  And, my baby boy Jazza Mac receiving an Encouragement Award at tonight's school ceremony! Very proud moment indeed.





21st - That awesome feeling of self-pride when you open uni results and see double high distinctions! Coupled with the fact that instead of having to do 6 subjects next year, theres only 4 to go because of exemptions whoo hoo!

22nd - We were very blessed to be able to arrange for an additional overnight contact with Miss Annie, so that we could celebrate our Hurst-Shilling Christmas together.  Jeffelf even came back from his over night check in at the North Pole, with a special early delivery from Santa.




Summer Solstice Blessings to you all. May the light shine brightly upon the path of your dreams!

23rd - Did the traditional go looking at Christmas lights tonight.  A bit sad that a few places that usually have lights, didn't this year BUT in saying that, there were a couple of newbies which made up for it.

24th - AM update:  Things are getting real here...magic reindeer food making has been done. The house and yard are people ready, presents are wrapped and food prep is underway. Omgoodness, I think I am nearly excited as the boys...although unlike Jazz who recons he will not be able to get to sleep because "hes just too EXCITED"!!!! Once Santa has been I will fall into a deep slumber ready for the early wakeup call!  Oh, I finally caved and Ace is now in the land of Facebook...better behave myself!

24th - PM update:  The magic reindeer dust was scattered, key left out, aswell as water, a carrot and 'no' rum balls made by the boys, we read a book and it was off to bed so that Santa could weave his magic!



25th - Merry Christmas everyone!

Our Christmas morning started with an early wake up surprise by a cheeky little elf (aka Mapa) who had let herself in, snuck into our room and snuggled into the chair beside the bed...all whilst Mark and I were both happily snoring away. Whilst waiting for Dad to arrive we exchanged the outside gifts and made special calls to Pa and Aunty Skeet before heading back inside to the excitement of Santas surprises. Then, it was Mapas traditional bacon and egg sangas for breaky followed by lots of cooking in preparation for a family feast. After lunch, there was clean up, napping, fun on the trampoline, a quick dip in the pool to cool off, cake smashing, present exchanging, secret santa playing, dessert eating and a family selfie to finish off the festivities!   As much as we all feel so incredibly special by all the wonderful gifts received, they are just an added bonus...the real gift, the gift that cannot be measured in monetary value, is the gift of time spent as a family.  An absolutely perfect Christmas Day with many wonderful family memories made. I didn't get many pics of the day as we were all caught up in the moment of being together, but this one is by far one of my favs of the day. 



26th - This morning I woke to a little man (Jazzy) snuggled up next to me. He and I then tiptoed out into the xbox room #1 (aka the sitting room) and this technology challenged mumma got him all set up to play. Once Ace emerged the process was repeated, albeit much quicker the second time. Santa may have gotten the credit for the presents but Mum sure scored points getting them game ready!  As if they weren't enough of a challenge, I then spent the arvo trying to figure out Mapas new toy...the Goggle Home Mini. Not sure I conquered that one but we sure had some fun trying.  Then after a lovely visit with one of my beautiful besties, I packed up the Christmas Tree and all the decorations and got the house all fresh and clean ready for Aces birthday celebrations.  And now...this Mumma has well and truly earned the time to put her feet up and enjoy a baileys with her sweet man.




27th - WOW what a scorcher today was...summer is well and truly here whoo hoo!  I am so grateful for aircon inside, the shade of our beautiful tree and a pool to cool off in!  I am also thankful that Mum shouted us tea at the pub tonight...fish 'n' chips and a nice fresh salad in aircon comfort - winning!  Oh and did I mention that I didn't get out of bed until 1.00pm...biggest gratitude moment right there!

28th - Family Fun Day in Torquay! 


29th/30th - Boys at their Dads, so this Mumma managed to get this blog up to date :)

31st - WORK!  Which kinda sucks, but on the other hand, I am truly blessed to be able to do a job that I worked hard to learn AND that I find incredibly rewarding AND I am passionate about.  PLUS there is the bonus of working from home.  SO...it doesn't really suck all that much!


And that is a wrap on the recap and the end of 2018.  Month 12 of 12 over and out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!