Tuesday, October 12, 2010

5kg in 4weeks Challenge - Day 1, Week 1

Here's my weigh in result and my new starting point.  I have decided not to reflect upon the past but to look forward to the future and to my new goals.  I am very proud of my achievements thus far and although at times I have strayed from the path I have learnt along the way and that makes the journey worthwhile.  You never ever really go backwards you just take an alternate path for a little while.


My Goals for the 4 Weeks:
To loose 5kg (Weigh 76.4kg or less).
To reduce Body Fat percentage by 3%.
To increase Skeletal Muscle percentage by 1.5%.
Cardio + Resistance Training (6 days per week).
Follow Nutrition Plan (1400 calories).
Hyrdrate my body.
Get adequate rest.


I have decided not to focus on any other goals for the time being because as we know goal posts can be changed along the way and so I am just going to give myself permission to take it one step at a time and focus on the task at hand.

EXERCISE:  Todays session was an awesome way to kick start my training again - boxing, stair climbs, push ups, side obliques, abs - jam packed and intense!  I also got my new training program today and am very excited about trying it out tomorrow - its looks like a challenge that's for sure but I'm up for it!

Physio didn't really provide me with much relief but its a step in the right direction all the same.  She didn't tell me it was because I 'am' fat BUT she did say that it is more than likely a result of me previously being fat!  Oh she also said to limit the running and to stop when it hurts and if it gets worse see a doctor blah blah blah!  I have some exercises to do which will help build up the muscles around the knee cap so that it stabilises more which will fit in well with my training schedule.

Here's today's FOOD Diary - Tash's Calories
I didn't quite reach my Calorie intake but its a good start, I have already prepared my lunch for tomorrow and will also be sure to have a proper breakfast and start back on my Protein Shakes after my workouts.

I will leave you with the quote that I used to motivate and inspire me today! 

You cannot transcend what you do not know. To go beyond yourself, you must know yourself - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.


In order to be able to push past my sticking points I need to know myself enough to be able to know where they are and then ofcourse to know when to stop pushing. Visualisation and positive thought is the technique I use to achieve this.  See It, Believe It, Achieve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!