Sunday, June 10, 2012

12WBT Task 1

So after going out for brunch on Tuesday and over endulging on Pancakes with Ice Cream and Maple Syrup I reached a point that enough was enough and decided that it was time to turn things around and get the me I like back. SO, I bit the bullet and joined the the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation Challenge!!

Before getting stuck into the challenge, Michelle sets 8 Pre-Season Tasks which need to be completed in order to prepare you for the journey ahead.  Usually, these are done over a period of 4 weeks prior to the round beginning (it actually started on Monday) but as I dove in head first at the last minute (I started on Wednesday 6th June 2012) I needed to do these asap.

PRE-SEASON TASK 1 - Time to Get Real and Get Rid of the EXCUSES



So I have to admit that I needed a little help from my friends to get me started and I am so thankful for their brutal honesty as it helped me to really look at the road blocks that have been preventing me from reaching my goal/s - which let me tell you, is not an easy task to do.


Here I was thinking that I had my excuses under control but my list clearly shows that this is not the case.  I also have a feeling that more will arise as I go along and I will be sure to acknowledge and add them to this list rather than just ignoring them.

My Excuses and My Solutions to overcome them

Internal Excuses
(negative self talk)
  • Too self critical as I need  to be perfect at what I do
  • I punish myself too harshly for small slip ups
  • I expect big results too soon
  • Fear of not being defined by my weight
  • Fear of giving up what I find comfort in
  • Scared to train alone for fear of injury
  • Scared of overdoing it and relapsing
  • I feel too fat and yucky


Solutions
  • Remember Perfection is a state of mind
  • Mistakes happen its how you amend them that counts
  • Patience - small victories add up to the grand prize
  • I will define myself by who I am on the inside
  • Nurturing myself will prevent seeking comfort in food
  • I will find training buddies and do PT sessions
  • I will listen to my body and allow myself to have rest days if needed
  • In 12 weeks time I will look and feel fabulous

External Excuses
(within my control)
  • I need to study
  • I need to get the housework done
  • I am too tired and sore
  • I don't like wasting food - especially if someone else pays for it
  • I have to juggle my workouts around my clients
  • I treat/reward myself with food

Solutions
  • Manage time better or arrange study day/s on my exercise free days
  • Delegate jobs and do the basics
  • Exercise will energise me and the soreness will pass - it is best to keep moving
  • It is better to waste it then to deal with the guilt of eating it & I can always pay for it instead
  • Workout with them or in between them or schedule around my schedule
  • Come up with non food rewards eg. New outfit, Manicure

External Excuses
(outside my control)
  • I can't drive to Melton to go to the Gym or do PT session
  • Medical Appointments for myself and family members
  • Weekends, Curriculum Days and School Holidays 
  • Social Outings
  • My loose skin makes progress hard to see

Solutions
  • Get a lift with someone, use my home gym or dvd's
  • Be prepared food wise and work around them exercise wise
  • Stock up on good food options for snacks
  • Choose options wisely or use my free meal
  • Pay attention to the Body Fat and Skeletal Muscle % 

They are mine....What are yours?
Be honest and really look deep inside, it will be worth it.

As Michelle says 
there are no more excuses JFDI!!  
Yep that's right 
Just F**king Do It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!