Monday, June 11, 2012

12WBT Task 7 & 8

In order to know how far you've come, you've got to know where you started. 

PRE-SEASON TASK 7 - Fitness Test

1 km Time Trial - This is a measurement of your cardiovascular fitness. The fitter you are, the healthier your heart. 

Push UpTest - This is a measurement of your upper body strenth and endurance. How many push-ups can you do in 1 minute? 

Wall Sit - This test measures your lower body strength.

Sit & Reach - This test measures flexibility

Crunch - 5 stage abdominal test to determine your abdominal strength
  • Stage 1: Wrists to kneecaps 
  • Stage 2: Arms folded across your chest. Full sit up, Elbows to thighs 
  • Stage 3: Hands linked behind head. Full sit up. Elbows must stay wide 
  • Stage 4: Arms crossed behind your head. Hands on opposite shoulders. Full sit up. 
  • Stage 5: Arms fully extended crossed behind head. Full Sit up. 


PRE-SEASON TASK 8 - Measure Up and take some statistics

Weigh, Measure and Take a 'BEFORE' Photo

SOME TIPS:

Weight - Choose your weigh in day and make sure you weigh in on the same day and time each week. Mornings are the best - straight after your first pee and in the nude.

Measurements - Make sure that you are wearing the same clothes (including bra for girls) and measure exactly the same way each time, and at the same time of the day.

  • Chest: on the nipple line. 
  • Waist: on the belly button and measure around that point. 
  • Hips: at the widest part (not on the hip bones). 
  • Thighs: With feet apart and arms by your side point thumb downwards - this is your measurement point. 
  • Arms: 4 fingers above elbow crease, arm relaxed down by your side as you measure.




So if you pay attention you might have noticed that I have shrunk by 2cm....old age or the wrong initial measurement hmmm.

I am currently a tight Size 14 which means my jeans are uncomfortable.

I have to say that I am totally disgusted in my body fat percentage.  In Feb 2012 it was 33% and in 4 months it has increased by a shocking 17.9% - hence the reason I am looking like a saggy baggy elephant girl.

Unfortunately my loose skin on the inner thighs and arms and my upper tummy will require surgery but in the meantime I plan to just tone up the underlying muscle as much as possible.  I will consider surgery if when I reach my goal I am still not happy with how it looks.

Well, that's the end of the Pre-Season Tasks...now to get on with the challenge.  No luck needed as I am one determined and stubborn woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!