Monday, June 25, 2012

Update with End WK 2 Weigh In Results

So as you can tell by the lack of blog posts, life has been crazy busy - and so here is a quick update.

Friday 15th June
I went to the Physio and was told to once again limit activity with my knee and to start using my stick again as it was overworked and the muscles had once again stopped responding.

Sunday 17th June
Bec and I did an 8am Bootcamp ran by Danyel of Reach your best health and fitness.  Despite having to modify the exercises I managed a 650 calorie burn and really enjoyed the session.  It runs for a total of 4 weeks.

 Photo Copyright: Simon Shaddock
Photo Copyright: Simon Shaddock


Instead of doing another workout to achieve my SSS of 1000 Calories I spent my time studying and managed to complete another module :)  

Tuesday 19th June
My baby boy turned 7 today and he asked to celebrate with dinner at McDonalds - I had the Sweet Chilli Seared Chicken Wrap,Garden Salad (with a little dressing) and a Diet Coke = 387 Calories


As well as a little slice of birthday cake (with a freddo frog) made by yours truly.


Wednesday 20th June

WEIGH IN DAY...


So as you can see I put on weight and despite an awesome body fat loss & muscle gain this really disappointed me and the self sabotage began with 2 tablespoons of left over chocolate frosting (which I threw in the bin the next day).


OVERALL RESULTS SO FAR....

Weight Loss - 1.1kgs
Body Fat Loss - 5.2%
Skeletal Muscle Gain - 1.1%

Thursday 23rd June
I saw my surgeon tonight and he thinks that he may have to remove the screws from my knee as they could be doing more harm than good.  He wants to leave them in for at least this year as he wants me to continue with physio to improve strength and he also needs the swelling to come down more before he can see what's really going on with it.

 Ignore the trees in the background LOL


Friday 22nd June
I cancelled my PT session today as my physio session was intense and my head was not in the game :(

Step 1 - Electrotherapy:  Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS). 

Step 2 - Dry Needling


My dry needling bruise

So as per last week the best thing for my leg right now is to REST it so that it can RECOVER.  

I have to say that this has really thrown me through a loop and has been the catalyst for me not training at all in 5 days and also one of the triggers for my self sabotage over the past 5 days :(

Another reason for my blahness (warning this contains a little too much information)

If you have been following my posts you might remember me saying that I had been experiencing stomach cramps and I wasn't sure whether or not it was hunger pains...well,  I no longer have to wonder as NO it's not hunger pain but pain due to ....

Thankfully after some intervention from a trusty little chocolate square (9 of them - 3 doses hmmm), the bag of concrete that was stuck in my gut no longer feels as big.

Anyway update complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!