Sunday, June 10, 2012

12WBT Task 2

PRE-SEASON TASK 2 - Take Control and Set your GOALS
WHY are you doing this challenge?  WHAT do you want to achieve? and HOW do you plan to achieve it?

Break goals down into blocks - Overall, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months.


Goals should be S.M.A.R.T!!

Specific
What exactly is your goal? To feel healthy is not specific. To Lose 2kg in a month is.

Measurable
Make sure you can measure your improvements along the way. For example you might have body shape measurements such as weight and blood pressure, or performance measurements such as running 4km without stopping.

Achievable/Attainable
Is it actually possible to achieve your goal? In your heart you need to believe that you can actually get there.

Realistic/Relevant
This is one notch higher than achievable. It might be possible for you to run a marathon (with the right amount of training) but is it realistic given your lifestyle factors?

Time Based
You need to set your goals against a time frame - when do you want to achieve them?


At the moment I am finding goal setting a little difficult due to not really knowing from day to day what is happening with the progress of my leg but I have set what I believe is achievable.

MY GOALS:

OVERALL:
  • I will lose 14.5kgs and 25.9% BF - Goal 71kgs & 25% BF
  • I will be able to run 10km's

1 MONTH GOALS:
  • Walk 1km without my walking stick
  • To lose 4 kilos
  • To finish my Cert 4 in Massage, Cert 3 and 4 in Fitness and Cert 4 in Nutrition

HOW I WILL GET THERE:
  • I will get there by doing my physiotherapy, hydrotherapy and resting when needed in order to rebuild the the strength in my leg.
  • I will lose 4 kilos by following a healthy nutrition plan and exercising
  • I will manage my time better so that I can study

3 MONTH GOALS:
  • To walk further than 1km without my walking stick
  • To lose 8 kilos

HOW I WILL GET THERE:
  • I will get there by doing my physiotherapy and resting when needed in order to rebuild the the strength in my leg.
  • I will lose 8 kilos by following a healthy nutrition plan and exercising.

6 MONTH GOALS:
  • To be able to walk around Moon Reserve without my stick
  • To be able to do a slow jog for at least 100 metres
  • To be at my goal weight of 71kg and have a body fat of 30%

HOW I WILL GET THERE:
  • I will get there by doing my physiotherapy and resting when needed in order to rebuild the the strength in my leg.
  • I will lose 14.5 kilos and body fat by following a healthy nutrition plan and exercising.

12 MONTH GOALS:
  • To be able to run 1km or more
  • To have a body fat percentage of 25%
  • To have maintained my weight and still be at my goal weight of 71kg or less

HOW I WILL GET THERE:
  • I will get there by doing my physiotherapy and resting when needed in order to rebuild the the strength in my leg.
  • I will continue to follow a healthy nutrition plan and exercising.
  • I will not slip back into negative patterns.




I have only listed my health and fitness goals for the purpose of the 12WBT but a few personal goals are:
  • To finish my Website
  • To see an accountant with regards to my businesses
  • To build up my businesses
  • To pay off my credit card ($5000)
  • To buy a block of land


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!