Monday, May 24, 2010

The Challenge Begins - Day 1 Week 1

FOOD:

This morning I got up and ran around like a headless chook in order to find the time to be able to make myself a healhty breakfast of Baked Beans (1/2 cup) and Scrambled Eggs (1 egg and 3 egg whites) and it was delicious.  But, due to me not being relaxed enough my band decided to get rid of it. 


I missed my Morning Snack due to being out and about and unprepared.

Lunch was an Energy Bar on the run - which I know wasn't the best option but I figured better than nothing.

While I was cooking dinner I made myself a Banana Smoothie with my Protein Shake and shared it with Glenn who agreed that it was really nice.

I went all out with Dinner and cooked up a Steak (100g) with Ratatoullie, Broccoli (1/2 cup) and Potatoe(120g) topped with Cottage Cheese (1/4 cup) which was a hit.  I have to admitt that I didn't eat the Steak and Ratatouille but the rest was delicious and very filling.

Note:  With Steak and Cheese = 1.5 serves Protein

To finish up my day I had a cup of tea, with a dash of skim milk and 2 sugars.  I was supposed to cut the sugar or replace it with equal but I caved so tomorrow I will switch.

EXERCISE:

Tonights workout was an Impact Fitness Boxing Session which was hard but awesome and I burnt 550 calories which makes it even more worthwhile. 

GENERAL WELLBEING:

I still need to get my menu plan done for the week which is a little bit tricky as I'm still finding the nutrition side of things a little bit daunting.  Other than that I am feeling really positive about this whole experience and so glad that I took up the challenge.

Tomorrow I am heading into the Gym to do my new Upper Body workout and so that's it from me for today as I made a promise to be in bed before midnight and time is ticking away.

Day 1 of Week 1 - OVER AND OUT!!  I did it - YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!