Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Challenge - Day 2, Week 1

Today I feel like all I have done is eat, eat, eat, eat, workout and of course do the usual headless chook runaround.

EXERCISE

I worked through half of my new program - Upper Body
It's certainly challenging but that's the way I like it - I just need to push beyond my 'sticking point'.

Warm Up
Treadmill
Speed @ 5kpm for 10 minutes
Started with no incline and increased incline by 2% every 2 minutes.

Note: Weight Training
Weight is increased with each set of repetitions and reduced by 50% for the last set of 12.

SM Bench Press (X 12, 10, 8, 6, 12)
Incline Flies (X 12)
Lat Pulldowns (X 12, 10, 8, 6, 12)
Bent Over Row (X 12)

3 sets X 12 reps of each
Lateral Raise
Front Raise
Shoulder Press
(Rest and Repeat)

Bicep DB Curl (X 12, 10, 8, 6, 12)
Concentration Curl (X 12)
Tricep Cable Pushdown (X 12, 10, 8, 6, 12)
Tricep Dips

Cooldown / Stretch

FOOD

Breakfast @ 8:30am (Running Late)
1/2 cup oats made with water and then 30g of Whey Protein mixed into it - doesn't sound all that nice but believe me it was delicious and incredibly filling.


Lunch @ 2.45pm
6 thin Sundried tomoatoe and basil rice cakes
1/2 cup of cottage cheese
Salad with Balsamic Vinegar Dressing

Was made in the morning hence it being soggy!

Dinner @ 5.30pm
100g Turkey Meatloaf
130g Mashed Potatoes (with a dash of skim milk)
Broccoli
Carrots

TURKEY RECIPE
500g Minced Turkey
1/2 carrot grated
1/2 zucchini grated
1 tsp minced garlic
1 egg

Mix together and put into a meatloaf pan and cook until done!


Check out my 'Full' Food Diary HERE:

Oooh I managed to cut down to 1 sugar - whoo hoo!

GENERAL WELLBEING

I really felt like some chocolate tonight but managed to push aside the cravings by keeping busy and snacking on healthier options, pretty proud of myself for that.

I am sore but that's to be expected and as they say keeping moving is the best option.

I am planning on being in bed by 11pm tonight so that's it from me for another day.

Thanks for the support XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!