Friday, May 28, 2010

Challenge Day 5, Week 1

GO RED TEAM!!!

EXERCISE

We had our first group training session today and it was awesome, motivation plus.  The girls are all so wonderful and pushed themselves hard despite being sore from a big workout week and our trainer (Kerriann) provides us with so much encouragement that piking out and letting her down is just not an option and so I am sure that we are all going to 'shit it in'!

I achieved something today that I am really proud of - I managed to hold 'plank' position for just over 1 minute which considering that my highest has only ever been 45seconds I am so happy!

Today's training was a circuit and I think I would be safe in saying that it was one of the hardest I have done this week.  But, in saying that I am loving the variety that circuits and interval training gives.

Group Training Circuit

Warm Up - Jog

30 second Circuits with Jog/Run between each station
- Tricep Dips on Step
- Dumbell Thrust Squats
- Abs (Bicycles)
- Skater Jumps on Step
- Medicine Ball Throw Downs
REPEAT

Boxing / Ab (Crunches)
Stairs (Doubles Up and Singles Down)

Cool Down - Jog
Abs (Plank)
Stretches

FOOD

Food wise today I am dissappointed in myself - not for splurging but for not getting in as much as I should have and for not keeping to my time limits of no more than 3-4 hours between meals (I had dinner at 10:25pm and my lunch was at 2:30pm).  I did however notice tonight that 'stress' gets me craving food like popcorn and chocolate and just something yummy in general but I managed to just push on through it and now all's good which is a very positive step.

Tonights dinner was Chow Mien made in the slow cooker - YUM!!


'Tash's Chow Mien Recipe'
Serves: 5
500 g Beef Mince
1 medium Onion (diced)
2 medium Carrots
3 stalks Celery
1/4 Cabbage
1 Cup Frozen Corn Kernals ALDI
1 Cup Green Beans ALDI
Curry Powder / Soy, Tomato, Whostershire Sauce (To Taste)
Salt-Reduced Chicken Stock (To Taste)

Food Diary at Calorie King

OVERALL

Other than being tired and sore I am feeling good and really loving my life (even with stressful moments). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!