Monday, May 31, 2010

The Challenge - Weigh In #1 + Day 1 of Week 2

I woke up this morning feeling very 'heavy' and incredibly nervous about the days weigh in.  On my trainers orders I had breakfast which I found mentally hard to deal with it but still survived!  After the School and Kinder Drop offs I wandered over to the shopping centre where I run into another RED Team Member and so we killed some time Chatting away (as you do) until it was time to head to the Gym for our 11am weigh in.  Here are the results!!

The Challenge - Weigh In #1

  
WHOO HOO - Goal Achieved + 100grams!!

Whilst I am really happy about the loss in 'Weight' itself, I am really disappointed in the other results and plan on turning that around in the coming weeks. 

So far the main reason we have come up with is that my calorie intake wasn't high enough and so my body once again went into 'starvation mode / reduction in metabolism'.  I need to be around the 1000 calories per day mark (after exercise) and on average last week mine was only 600 calories per day!

I also need to mix my training up a little and not overdo it so much as its making it hard to keep the calories up.  Time to work smarter and not harder!

For Example:  CALORIE KING 
Today I did a 45 min+ Upper Body Resistance Workout (419 Calories) AND a 45 mins+ Boxing Circuit (517 Calories).  Total Calories Burnt = 936.  Total Calories Consumed = 1512.  Total Calories for the Day 1512 - 936 = 576 Which is under by 424 - Not Good!! 

I am blown away with that figure considering that today was a was my FREE MEAL DAY and I spread it out a little rather than over indulge in one sitting:

Jazz and I had a Coffee / Playdate after Kinder this afternoon with some friends and I was treated to a Chai Latte - my first in over a week - YUM!

Tonights dinner was a Ligher Version of Fettucine Cabonara (made with Lite Evaporated Milk instead of Cream).  It as very filling and I only managed to eat half of what I served.


Normally for my Meal 6 / Snack I would have a Forme Yogurt but tonight I went with 200g of Lite Greek Yogurt and 1 Tbs of Sugar Free Maple Syrup and it was DELICIOUS and very satisfying.


OVERALL:

It is all a learning curve and as my trainer reminded me tonight:
"Striving for perfection is good; but we don't always have to expect it"
I am trying really hard to remain positive and think of the bigger picture as it is just as important to have a positive mind set as it is to eat well and exercise.  In order to reap the rewards I plan to stay focused and positive; to be true and honest with myself and to remember that it wont happen overnight but it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!