Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Binge Win, a Realisation and more Study to come!

A Binge Win To Me!

Last night I was chatting to a friend on facebook about 'excess skin' from weight loss and it raised alot of emotions that I thought I had dealt with but now know that I still have more work to do.  The next thing I know I was scoffing down one of Glenn's Almond Finger Bars and a Packet of Bacon Shapes that I took out of the kids snack box and if that wasn't already bad enough I went searching through the cupboard and found a can of sweetened condensed milk!!

So I'm sitting here shoving spoonfuls into my mouth (straight out of the tin) and I decide that I like it better cold so head back to the kitchen so I can put it in a container pop it in the freezer (quicker than the fridge) and eat it later.  In the meantime I would find something else to munch on. 

As I am walking down the hallway I hear a voice say "what the hell are you doing?".  So I enter the kitchen walk straight to the sink, turn on the tap and put the tin under the water and there goes the remaining 3/4 of the tin down the drain rather than in my belly.

I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of myself....I have never been that strong before - normally I start the binge and I just keep going until its all gone.  Oh and not to mention the wasting of food!

A Realisation!

Todays Daily Challenge was to write down one thing that you love about yourself...

At first I thought "Oh great here goes nothing" but then I stopped and really thought about it and I realised that there wasn't just one thing in particular because I just love being me!  Sure there are things that I would like to change and am working on but overall I wouldn't want to be anyone else but ME =)

More Study To Come!

So I am currently enrolled in the following courses:

Certicate 3 in Fitness (Group/Gym Floor)
Certifcate 4 in Fitness (Personal Training)
Certicate 4 in Therapeutic Massage
Certifcate 3 in Nutrition and Dietetic Assistance
Yoga Teacher Training

NOTE:  I don't know what I'm going to do about my Yoga course at the moment, not because I don't like it but because I just can't afford it. Finances are really tight here at the moment and in order to finalise my graduation I would need to pay $950. Also I had planned on driving to Woodend once a week for the Teacher/Training Class but the cost of petrol put an end to that. I am so frustrated that I am still trying to get this course finished, especially when I am already teaching and am good at what I do! Oh well if its meant to be then it will be and in the meantime I will keep on going.

So anyway, as I was awarded a $1000 grant (yay) for Mum's Returning to Work which expires on June 23, so today I enrolled in more classes which I will start once I complete the ones I am currently doing!

Certificate 4 in Business
Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment
Diploma of Remedial Massage
Diploma of Fitness - OMG who would of ever thought!

I am so excited and just a little stressed LOL!
Well that's it from me for tonight, I am exhausted and my legs are still feeling like Jelly from this mornings PT session - OMG Squatting Calf Raises are a BIARTCH!!

Hmmmm, BIG has only just started and I already have tears streaming down my face - so confronting!

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post because you speak about things that affect so many people, and so many people would not admit to those things. Taking control is hard, but once you get the control there seems to be no turning it off. :)
    I have started my own exercise regime now, hard going because I work night shift, but it can and will be done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'you' you are, is the 'you' you should be Tash ... Because there is no other 'you' like 'you' and the 'you' you are is the perfect 'you'! So never go changing that part of 'you'!

    Well done on the condensed milk too ... another one of my pitfalls is vanilla ice cream and chocolate Ice Magic! They should come with graphic warning labels with my name written all over it!

    :-) xoxo (((HUGZ)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Just think that YOU are amazing! That is all xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tash, you are truly inspirational, cant wait for Terry to introduce us, I had lapband 2 years ago and have shed 50kg. You are just the inspiration I need to get the last 10kg off and motivate my butt into exercise mode! Cant wait to meet you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!