Sunday, May 27, 2012

Kicking Goals...

Wednesday 23rd May 2012

WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!  I feel FAN Freaking TASTIC!!

I just had my PT session with Craig and I kicked some awesome goals.

  • Cycling (Recumbent Bike)
  • Single Legged TRX Squats
  • Single Legged TRX Lunges (with my good leg on a chair)
  • Calf Raises
  • Deadlifts
  • Leg Lowers
We did about 7 minutes on the bike as a warm up (next time I want to aim for 10minutes) alternating between speed (my knee didn't like this much), high resistance, low resistance and isolating the left side to make the right leg work.

The lunges were really tough mentally as I had to trust that my right leg would hold me, which IT DID and although I didn't have a huge R.O.M it was still better than nothing.

The deadlifts started off easy so we added more weight and then I realised that I was favouring the left side, so we dropped the weight and really focused on shifting the weight to the right side to make the leg work.  It felt so awesome to be able to feel my hamstring engage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!