Monday, May 21, 2012

This week is my week..

So I woke up this morning feeling incredibly heavy and blah and unfortunately the scales agreed with that feeling but rather than letting it get me down I decided to just get back on the horse!  This is something I had to do regularly as a kid growing up on the farm, I loved my horse/s but was a lousy rider and I spent more time off the horse than on the bloody thing.  My sister used to sit on the fence and watch me and was forever running back and forth between my Mum and I saying 'Mum, Mum, Tasha fell off her horse' and then coming back to tell me exactly the same thing 'Tasha, Mum said to get back on'...(funnier when told in person because then I can use the funny accent she used to talk in hahaha) anyway, I've gone of track - where was I??

Oh yeah, so rather than let it get me down I decided to just get back on the horse and change the day from a negative to a positive.  Firstly I decided to give myself 2 things to focus on, these being Productivity and Will Power; both of which have been lacking for me of late.

So despite wanting to crawl back into bed I got up and got on with my morning jobs....Getting the kids ready, Taking them to school (on my trusty scooter - very cold trip this morning as Jack Frost was out in full swing), Making Beds and a General House Tidy Up.  Then, I decided that it was time for some Renew Juice to get me through the mornings PT sessions - 3 back to backs.


RENEW JUICE - Serves 1
½ Carrot
1 stick of celery
¼ small beetroot
½ small cucumber
½ knob of ginger
¼ bunch of parsley
3 mint leaves
¼ whole lemon
Process all ingredients in juicer and serve with ice. For a runnier consistency, add a little water.

So once I had finished putting everyone else through their paces,  I went and did a 45 minute Hydrotherapy Session.  I have to say that today's was a little awkward as everyone else in the pool with me were 70+ and here was little ol'e me - shame!

HYRDO SESSION


3 x Sets of each 
  • 10 x Squats
  • 10 x Pistol Squats (Left)
  • 10 x Pistol Squats (Right)
  • 15 x Calf Raises
  • 15 x Calf Raises (Left)
  • 15 x Calf Raises (Right)
  • 10 x Lunges (Left)
  • 10 x Lunges (Right)
  • 10 x Lateral Raises with weights
  • 10 x Push Ups on side of pool
As well as laps forward and backwards and knee lifts and some nice relaxing floating LOL!

After Hydro I came home and booked in a wedding to photograph in Feb next year and also had a lovely catch up with my friend Sarah who I have to say is Superwoman as after only 2 weeks of a major surgery she is out and about - talk about inspiring.  Then it was more housework before picking up the boys from school.

As Glenn got home in time for the school run today he helped me to walk in to pick them up from their classrooms - something that I haven't done in 8 weeks - the boys were happy and it was nice to see some friendly faces.

Then it was home again for 2 more PT sessions and I even managed to squeeze my own workout in between each one.

MY WORKOUT
(15 minutes)

3 Rounds - x21 reps, x15 reps, x9 reps
  • 5kg Medicine Ball Throwdowns
  • 8kg Kettle Bell Swings
  • TRX Rows / Pull Ups
2 x Sets
  • 10 x 8kg Kettle Bell Shoulder Press  
Finally at 6.30pm I got to sit down and put my feet up and I have to say that despite being tired and really sore (my leg is aching and I've been getting an electric shock feeling shooting through the bone for the past couple of days - horrible feeling), I no longer feel as heavy or blah.


MY PLAN (as at May 21st 2012)
  • 2 x Personal Training Sessions (Wednesday and Saturday)
  • 3 x Hydrotherapy Sessions
  • 1 X Physiotherapy Session with Hospital 
  • Daily Physiotherapy Exercises (3 exercises 3 sets x required reps)
  • Use only 1 crutch and/or Walk unassisted as much as possible
  • Listen to my body and do not push too far
  • Lose 500 grams 
  • Finish at least 1 module
  • Use my Will Power
  • Stay Positive
Today's Food...

Breakfast - Renew Juice

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Coles Asian Salad with 50g Turkey

Snack - Mandarin & 1 Cup of Tea (white x 1 sugar)

Dinner - Savoury Lamb Mince and Mashed Potatoe (mix of sweet and normal)

Snack - I plan on having 2 X Cups of Tea (white x 1 sugar) and maybe some Greek Yogurt with Sugar Free Maple Syrup or some tinned (Weight Watchers) fruit and yogurt but right now I'm feeling satisfied, I will let you know tomorrow what I ended up doing.

I have to say I am really happy with todays food so far, now to keep it up over the weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. Well done hun, what a great way to go about the day. Taking out the mandarin sounds like lots of yummy food. keep up the good work and well done on the photo job. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!