Thursday, May 31, 2012

Good Food and Exercise

Wednesday 30th May 2012

EXERCISE:  

Random Thought:  Sometimes I look at my life and I shake my head in disbelief.  I would of never ever imagined that I would love being as physically active as I am.  Don't get me wrong I have my days when I love sitting on my butt and doing nothing but its only days, not months or years as was the case.  Now when I don't move, my body craves it.  I love the challenge of exercise even when I feel like I can't possibly  push myself any further, I love the feeling of empowerment it gives me afterwards,  I love the strength, the energy...I just love it - Crazy I know!

Yesterday morning I did a PT session with Craig that really pushed me out of my comfort zone, but it was exactly what I needed.


Warm up on the bike (my leg took a little while to respond but it got there in the end)

2 x Sets
TRX - Single Leg Lunges X 10 each Leg
16kg Kettlebell Deadlifts X 10
Wall ball squats squeezing ball between legs to switch on VMO X 10

2 x Rounds (CrossFit)
20 X 8kg Kettlebell Swings
10 X 6kg Deadball Slams
20 X 8kg Kettlebell Swings
10 X Inch Worms
20 X 8kg Kettlebell Swings
10 X Step Ups (I held onto TRX's for support)
20 X 8kg Kettlebell Swings
10 X Ring Rows

Then I came home and did Abs...

2 x Sets (Alternating 4kg and 6kg Kettle Bells)
10 X Kettle Bell Crunches
10 X Toe Taps
10 X Rev. Crunches

2 X 30 second Plank

FOOD:

Well the photos don't do them much justice but dinner was delicious!

Pork and Coleslaw Wraps

This was my take on a recipe in this months Weight Watchers Magazine.

Serves 4

Coleslaw
1/4 Shredded Cabbage
2 Carrots Grated
1/8 Red Onion thinly sliced
OR a 250g Bag of ready made coleslaw mix
1/2 Cup of low fat natural yogurt.

Combine all ingredients together, season with salt and pepper, cover and set aside in fridge.

Pork
1 tbs olive oil
500g Diced Lean Pork
1 medium brown onion, sliced
2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
400g can diced tomatoes
2 tbs tomatoe sauce
1 tbs apple cider vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
Pinch of chilli flakes (I didn't use these)

Heat oil and cook onion, garlic and pork until browned and onions are softened.  Add remaining ingredients, season to taste and bring to the boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer - the longer the better as you want to be able to shred the pork with forks so it melts in your mouth.

Spread wholemeal tortilla with mashed avocado (we forgot this bit), top with warm pork and the coleslaw mix, wrap and enjoy.

Minestrone Soup
Recipe is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!