Sunday, May 22, 2011

I went COMMANDO!!

I trained with the man himself Steve 'Commando' Willis and I survived!!

Despite it being tough and totally challengeing I am so glad that I did it as it was truly an experience of a lifetime and one that I would do again in a heart beat even though today I am in a world of 'ouchness'.

I won't lie, there were times when I questioned what the hell I was thinking and also times when I wanted to throw my hands in the air and quit but I pushed myself hard and gave it everything I had and I am so proud of myself for that.

I have to say that 'Commando Steve' is such a nice guy and a true inspiration.  I was expecting to be yelled at and belittled but he did nothing but raise us up and motivate us to be all that we could be and I don't mind being called a Princess LOL!  Oh and yes, he is totally gorgeous (much better looking than on tele and taller too) and talk about muscle on muscle - oooh la la.



So I met the girls at 10.30am in Maddingly Carpark (after doing a quick dash to the train station for a nervous pee hehehe), and then we hit the road.  We got to HRV Fitness at around 11.30am (Grove Street, Grovedale - Geelong), Registered, got T-shirted up, caught up with Erin our aweomse Genesis Fat Blasting Trainer and then hung around nervously for an hour before the action started.



And boy did it start....we were ordered to make 2 lines of 15 one behind the other and then number ourselves off (this involved yelling out our number), then we hit the pavement and jogged down to the park.

Here the Warm up began which was us jogging in a big cirlce this way, then that way, then sideways, then with high knees, then hitting the deck with head in, then hitting the deck with head out, then more of the same!!  I had barely even managed to hit the deck at one point before he called out jog again LOL!

Next, it was 'deep' Squat time, followed by Push Ups and then yep you guessed it Burpees!  Then we put it all together in the form of Tabata Training.  He corrected my Squat technique once which was no suprise - I didn't push my knees out far enough.  I have to say though that considering my knees are stuffed I was suprised that I managed to get down as low as I did and get back up again LOL.

And just when you thought it was time for drink break think again.....It was rope time!

2 teams of 15 on each rope and 4 exercises.  1.  Bear Crawl on hands and 'feet' walking the rope out in front of us  2.  Push Ups with chest to the rope  3.  Sit Ups staring with the rope at our chest and taking it to our feet (This was my favourite exercise which was also helped by the fact that he gave me the nod of approval when I was yelling out my numbers) 4.  Squat with Shoulder Press, holding the rope at the chest for the squat and then taking it straight up over our head.

Next (still no drink break), it was Sprint and walk, Lunge and Walk, Sprint and walk, Lunge and Walk and then Sprint again.  I was so exhausted by this point and my knees were killing me but I was determined not to give up on the sprints so it was more like a jog until....I was pepped up by him saying 'come on, push harder you can do it' and YES I could! 

Then finally we were allowed a 90 second drink break - so that meant running to the drinks, taking a quick gulp and then running back again.

Ok so now the fun begins...or should I say the torture.

In our 2 teams of 15, we had to put tyres on the rope (5 small, 1 big and 1 massive) and then pull it all to the end of the paddock.  I was at the front of the line with the rope tied around me pulling as hard at I could and trying to keep up a rhythm - when we got closer to our finishing point I decided sing Do wah diddy, I have no idea if anyone sang along but it helped me focus LOL!

Then we had to get the tyres off the rope and carry the tyres and rope 1/4 of the way.  Our team got a penalty of 5 burpees which sucked big time.

But wait theres more...we had to put the tyres all back on again, tie a knot and get down on our butts and pull as hard as we could on the rope to move the tyres and get them back to the starting line.  Because we were pulling on the rope, when the tyres were pulled to the person in front of the line they had to do a 'commando' crawl to the back of the line and then pull again, and so on. 

Once we got back to the starting line we had to stack up the tyres, curl up the rope and then we were done.

90 minutes worth of Commando torture complete.



I got some war wounds....


A bag of goodies....


A my T-shirt signed...


And of course a huge feeling of accomplishment which is worth its weight in gold.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I should have got my t-shirt signed!!!!

    Love your description, I should steal it to describe my session! LOL!!

    Sue (from FB)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!