Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday May 8 2011

Firstly, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the special Mums out there and especially to my Mum of whom I would be lost without.  I love you very much. xox

Secondly, I wanted to talk about todays Daily Challenge

Stand in front of the mirror and say at least one thing you like about the way you look.

It's a little sad to think that we need to be reminded to do something like this and sadder still to think that a fair amount of us would find it a difficult task to do. I personally find it easier to focus on the negatives, rather than to pay myself a compliment and risk sounding egotistical and vain!

The last time that I 'consciously stopped' and noticed the things I like about myself was back in 1999 when I did a Self Love Mirror exercise. It was such a powerful process for me that it inspired me to write a song. (You can listen to it HERE).

Todays challenge reminded me of the words that I wrote and I have spent time reflecting on it again.

Flowing hair of aurban cascading locks of curls, surrounds your cherub face and sends my mind in swirls. Green eyes that sparkle like oceans of the deep, jewels that are precious but rarely do we keep. Her voice can mesmerise sweetness divine and pure, It echos through the shadows in a world we all endure. Through rose coloured glasses alls not what it seems, What lingers in the darkness belongs only in our dreams. A star for each saviour, A song for every soul, A heart for every lover and an Angel for me.


For me personally beauty really is about whats on the inside, someone could be a perfect 10 and have a cold heart , I on the other hand am happy being a 7.5 with a heart that could warm the nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!