Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Challenge - Day 2, Week 3

After yesterday's weigh in result I allowed myself to splurge a little and I woke up this morning feeling really guilty - all I can say is Thank goodness I did the Impact Boxing Class last night otherwise I would of completely blown out the calories.  Check out what I pigged out on Here.  I know its not 'really really' bad I still feel like I went overboard.

In the past I would of let it get to me and then spent the day either not eating or eating and purging or maybe not purging, exercising to the extreme or not at all and just generally beating myself up about it.  Today however I decided to build a bridge, get over it and just get back on track which is another HUGE Step for me!

FOOD:

Tonights dinner was D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.  I was inspired by the front cover of the June 2010 Recipes + Edition and made my own version of Minted Lamb and Peas Pie.


Minted Lamb and Peas Pie
(Serves 5)
1 tbs Olive Oil
1/2 tbs Minced Garlic
500g Lamb
1 Brown Onion
Fresh Mint
1/2 Cup of Peas
1 Carrot (Diced)
400g Ardmona Chopped Tomatoes
2 Cups Water
1 tsp Salt Reduced Chicken Stock Powder
Mashed Potatoe or Kumera (I used both)

Brown lamb with garlic, onion and fresh mint.  Add peas, carrot, tomotoes and Chicken Stock and bring to the boil.  Spoon mixture into individual ramikins and place into oven at 180 degrees until cooked.  Top with Mashed Potatoe and Serve.

Note:  I sprinkled tasty cheese on top of the boys potatoe and put them back into the oven until it melted which was a big hit!


EXERCISE:

Normally on a Tuesday I head to the Gym where I put Jazz into Creche for an hour so that I can do a half hour PT session followed by an extra 15 minutes on the bike BUT today that didn't happen and so I did my Upper Body Workout in my Home Gym and finished it off with a Jog/Walk around the block.  

OVERALL:

I am discovering that it would become very easy to get complacent at this stage in the challenge and so I am trying very hard to keep my enthusiasm up.  I say trying because the whole increase in body fat % has been really playing on my mind.  I feel as though I have let the team and my trainer down and most of all myself.  Yes the weight loss is awesome but its only one part of the bigger picture and I don't want to be 'Skinny Fat' - I want to be Fit and Healthy.

Once again today's calorie intake SUCKS (no where near 1000 calories) and so in order to try to get more food in so that I can come out of Starvation Mode and boost my metabolism, tomorrow I am heading off to get my lap band loosened.  I will be honest and say that I contemplated cancelling my appointment today and not going through with it but I need to be brave and remember that I am now in control and I can do it - Food does not rule my life!  I am hoping that it will make a difference even if only just slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!