Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Challenge - Day 2, 3 Week 5

I did it!!  I went to the movies and did not have one single piece of popcorn!!  I was even passing it back and forth between Glenn, Mum and the Boys and managed to stay strong.  I am so proud of me right now. :oD

Its been a week of ups and downs with regards to motivation for training but I have been plodding along and trying to keep up the determination.  I must say though that having an awesome trainer who won't let me give in even when I say "I can't" makes all the difference.  

Oh now for the bit the sucks;  I hurt my knee at Zumba yesterday :o( and so now I am a little limited with training until it heals which is f*#('n frustrating.  I am not letting it slow me down completely though as there is plenty that I can still do as long as I don't push. 

I was thinking today when I was doing Boxing that if I had of been injured a couple of months ago I would of used it as an excuse not to be able to do anything except sit on my butt and eat popcorn LOL - goes to show that a leopard can change its spots if it really wants to!  Another accomplishment!

Oh, lastly I wanted to share a couple of really Yummy food ideas.

Maple Mustard Chicken

Chicken Breast
Sugar Free Maple Syrup
Wholegrain Mustard

Mix the Maple Syrup and Mustard together and rub into Chicken.  Place under Griller and cook both sides.

Lamb Wraps

Lamb Strips (Marinate in Yogurt, Garlic, Rosemary and Mint)
Onion
Capsicum (Tri Colour)
Lettuce
Mountain Bread
Lite Greek Yogurt

Cook up Lamb with Onion and Capsicum.  On a Mountain bread, place Lettuce, Lamb, Onion and Capsicum and top with a Dallop of Yogurt.

That's it for tonight, sorry I haven't been doing daily entries but I have been feeling a little behind the 8 ball and there are just not enough hours in the day.  Thank you so much for the support.

1 comment:

  1. well done you should feel proud. I will have to try and get hold of sum of the maple syrup. The recipes sound yummy. hope you heel up soon.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!