Monday, June 7, 2010

The Challenge - Weigh In # 2

Here are this weeks results...

The Challenge - Weigh In #2


I am shocked at the amount of weight I lost this week as I figured that after a big loss last week I would of been lucky to get even half a kilo.  Despite my lack of optimisim I still set myself a goal of 1 - 1.5kg and have managed to completely blow that figure out of the water which is an awesome achievement.

Whilst however, the loss is terrific and I should be jumping for joy my jubilation has once again been dampened by the increase in Body Fat and decrease in Skeletal Muscle which put simply - SUCKS!! 

In the past 2 weeks I have not had any popcorn, chocolate or junk, I have not deliberately purged and in fact have noticed at least a 75% reduction in my 'lapband' rejection rate, I have not used any laxatives and I have been eating constantly and that does not mean living on a packet of Delites and yet I am still in 'Starvation Mode'.

Basically the major reason that we can see is that my 'CALORIES IN - CALORIES OUT = TOO LOW.  Ironically, the less calories at the end of the day, the more your metabolism slows down and it actually makes you fatter by resulting in Muscle Loss!  When you eat less, your body burns less. When you eat more, your body burns more. It’s the ultimate paradox.  Even though I'm eating more I'm also burning more and going into too much of a calorie deficit.

So how am I going to fix it?? 

EAT MORE!!  It's the obvious answer but not as easy as it sounds as my lapband is preventing me getting any more food in and when I force it, it just comes back up.  So in saying that this Wednesday I am going to go and have it loosened (fluid taken out) which is terrifying but it must be done in order to achieve the results that I want.

EXERCISE LESS!!  No more double sessions which means no Cardio on Resistance Days.  By doing this it will reduce the calorie deficit a little;  OR I could work within my Fat Burning Heart Rate Zone at a slow steady pace for 60 minutes which I don't find very appealing. 

I am trying to remind myself that I can't fix years of abuse in only 2 weeks let alone 8 or 12 for that matter.  The main thing is that I am working to make a difference and that is a Huge Accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!