Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Genesis Challenge Day 1, Week 1

Never be anything less than you can be!

This is the motto of my Genesis Personal Trainer - Steve and it really spoke to me loud and clear.  I had my first training session with him today and enjoyed being back in the swing of things but have to say that I am  disappointed in myself.  My disappointment is NOT because of my performance, considering I am still not 100% I put in an amazing effort today it is because I took 'control' and told him how I wanted to train rather than letting his do his job to smash down my comfort zone barriers.  I just want to add here a huge Thank you to my amazing friends Marianne and Kerriann for being honest and upfront with me and calling me on it!!  So what's done is done and I have sent him a message apologising for being a Diva and organised another session for Wednesday this week based on how he wants to train me and what he thinks is good for me.  I did ofcourse tell him that I like to be challenged and use to time efficiently and all that kind of stuff but its at least a step in the right direction.
EXERCISE:
It has been a massive exercise day today and I have to admitt that I am feeling it - my legs are like jelly!

10 minutes Bike (Kids to and from school)
10 minutes on the Elliptical at M.E.T of 7 (warm up)
10 minutes on the Bike (cool down)
30 minutes PT session - Upper Body Resistance
45 minutes Boxing session with Impact that was awesome!

Total of 1 hr and 45 mins - Total Calories burnt = 1036

FOOD:
The girls and I went for a cuppa after gym and I am so proud of myself because instead of my usual 'skinny chai latte' I had a Peppermint Tea and it was really nice and refreshing and I will definately make the same choice next time.

I have done OK with my nutrition today although I fell short on my calorie intake (I should be having 1430calories) and I didn't fit it within my 3 hour time bracket.  Oh, I also had an Atkins Chocolate Bar but I really could of gone without it.

Breakfast: (265 Calories)
1/2 Cup Oats
2 Scoops of Protein Powder

Lunch:  (322 Calories)
100g Turkey Thigh Roast
1 x Wattle Valley Sourdough Wrap
Salad with Balsamic Vinegar Dressing

Dinner: (259 Calories)
*Struggled with this meal as I was still full from lunch!
25 g of Lamb (raw weight)
40 g of Zucchini
25 g of Capsicum, Red
1/4 of Dry Mix (not made with oil) of Continential Mediterranean CousCous
Salads with (1/2 serve) Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
25g South Cape Reduced Fat Greek Feta 

Snacks: (448 Calories)
Protein Shake
Herbal Tea (no sugar)
2 cups of Teas: White w. skim milk x 2 equal tablets
20 Grapes, Green
30g Net (One Bar) of Atkins Milk Chocolate Endulge Bar
1 tub (200g) of Nestle: Yoghurt: Diet, No Fat, Peach Mango

Total Calories: 1293

Well that's that for day 1....I didn't finish this blog post last night because I was totally exhausted and ended up going to be at 9.30pm which for me is very rare and meant that I didn't get any study done so once again I am behind the 8 ball :( *sigh*, but on a plus I did get a good rest.  I am now heading off to my very first Genesis Boxing Class and although my body is feeling a little sore (mostly shoulders - I do not like lateral raises) and I am having comfort zone issues I am ready to give it everything I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!