Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Genesis Challenge Day 2, Week 1

OMGosh is it really only day 2, I am EXHAUSTED already!  Despite this however I am motivated, determined and committed - nothing is going to stop me from reaching my goals - not even myself (my biggest barrier)!

Today I did my very first 'Genesis' Boxing Class and I have to admitt that I had lots of self doubt floating around in my head about whether I could keep up, was fit enough and blah blah blah, BUT I did it!!  I can remember my first ever boxing class (at the Bacchus Marsh Leisure Centre) and the fact that I segregated myself from the group line because I didn't feel comfortable working out with anyone else except my partner.  Well, that wasn't the case today I well and truly pushed the comfort zone barrier.  I have to add here that if it wasn't for the amazing go get it attitude of Marianne I probably would of decided not to do the class and just worked on the gym floor instead but this amazing woman is fearless and so I figure that I can be too plus safety in numbers always helps ;o)

TODAYS EXERCISE - Total Calories Burnt - 720 calories.

60 minutes of Boxing
10 minutes of Cycling (school run)

Food wise today I once again fell short on my calorie goal - I really do need to work harder on getting the extra protein shake in.  Mentally I am struggling with that if I have the extra shake it will put up my calories which will mean that I may not be able to have my 'late' snack  because it will put me over BUT when I think about it realistically I know that I am doing more damage by having too little calories than by having 50 - 100 more!  So here's me kicking myself up the butt before the girls do it for me.

TODAYS FOOD - Total Calories 1302 calories.
See the individual Calorie Totals HERE

Breakfast
1/2 Cup Oats with Protein Powder
Lunch
Roast Turkey and Fetta Salad with Balsamic Vinegarette Dressing and Sourdough Wattle Bread
Dinner
Turkey MeatLoaf with Potatoes,Carrots, Broccoli, Beans and Weight Watchers Chicken Gravy
Snack
Protein Shake
20 medium size Grapes, Green
2 cups of Teas: Herbal, no sugar
2 serving of Tea / Skim / Equal Tablets
1 tub (62g) of Nestle: Diet, Chocolate Mousse
Jarrah: Chai Latte, Vanilla Spice

Well thats it from me as it is past my 11pm curfew because it was a school night and I didn't get home until 10pm which meant that I was once again behind the 8 ball so I want to get up bright and early to get back on top again ready for another big day - PT session number 2. 

Oh, that reminds me - I spoke to Steve face to face today about the whole control thing yesterday so I am hoping that tomorrows session will have me begging for mercy - I am really a sucker for punishment hey!

PERSONAL NOTE:  I got out the guitar and played and sang today and even though it wasn't perfect due to still getting over my lung infection, it really put me into a good place - inner peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!