Thursday, March 31, 2011

Genesis Challenge Day 4, Week 2

Food and Exercise Diary HERE

I thought I would get this blog written early today as I have my first Nutrition Class to go to tonight and despite feeling energised earlier (even after my workout), I am now feeling washed out and flat.

Whilst I had originally planned on just going for a swim this morning (active rest), I changed my mind and did the Fat Blaster class instead.  Despite being ultra sore, I am so glad that I did it because it was an  AWESOME session!!   

Warm up was on the Spin Cycle which was intense, mind you I am convinced that us girls had our tension up way more than everyone else.  After spin it was 2 rounds of 'Cross Fit Training' for 10 minutes each, followed by Abs and a good Stretch.

Cross Fit Round 1
20 Squats
10 Diamond Pushups
Sprint - up and back (half court)

Cross Fit Round 2
50 Crunches
15 Burpees
Sprints - up and back X 2

I managed to do 11 rounds of Round 1 and 4 rounds of Round 2, which I think is pretty good.  I would of been happier to finish my half rounds which I could of done if I had of pushed myself just that little bit harder.  I love the fact that I was working towards achieveing a Personal Best because now I have something to measure it against next time.  Measureable Achievements are the best!
Here's What I did in the Cross Fit Rounds
235 Squats
110 Diamond Push ups
250 Crunches
75 Burpees
19 Sprints

I have re-read what I just wrote and am wondering why I'm not proud of my achievements for today.  I say 'its pretty good' just like water rolling off a ducks back but in 20 minutes to achieve those figures anyone else would say that it is a bloody good effort.  Also, could I really of pushed any harder today?  Perhaps I could of jogged faster but I isn't the main thing that fact that I didn't stop jogging despite wanting to walk a couple of times?  Why am I so hard on myself? I have come so far with regards to weight loss and increasing fitness levels and yet its not enough?  Will it ever be enough?  Will 'I' ever be enough for me?  Grrrrr I am annoyed at myself so I am leaving it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!