Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2nd 2011

HUGE exhausting but very rewarding day today.  Other than the usual family maddness it started with a drive to Woodend to go to my first Intensive Yoga Teacher Training day.  I was so nervous about what to expect but I was welcomed so warmly by everyone that it was no time before I felt right at home.  Again, one of my main concerns was that I don't LOOK like a Yoga teacher but each and everyone of us had different body shapes and sizes and yet we were all there for the same reason - because we are Yoga Teachers. 

The day started off with Theory and was followed by Yoga Training for just the Teachers and then also an open yoga class.  In total it went for 4.5hours with 2.5 of them being Yoga Practise and I'm not talking beginners postures, I'm talking being thrown right into the deep end and way out of my comfort zone type of stuff.  I have always thought I was fairly flexible but today I had my body doing things that I never thought that it could do. 

There are 2 postures that had the greatest impact on me as I needed to balance my entire body weight only on my arms.   In my mind I still see myself as the obese 127.5kg girl and so I need to overcome that so that I can allow myself to SURRENDER and BE FREE!  I managed to do them and hold for all of 2 seconds so I have some work and practise to do.  I walked away today feeling like I had learnt alot and so have decided that it will become a regular thing.

So you would think that considering I woke up feeling sore due to D.O.M.S kicking in after Monday nights session and the 2.5hours of Yoga that it would of been enough yeah?  NOPE being the sucker for pushinment that I am, I went along to Impact Fitness and Wellbeings Toning class and now let me just say this - OUCH!!

Well, its time for this little black duck to hit the hay tomorrow its Girls Only workout day and I want to be well rested.

FOOD

Breakfast (197 Calories)
1 serving, 3/4 cup, Kellogg's: Sultana Bran
1/2 cup (250mL) of Skim Milk
1 cup (250mL) of Herbal Tea
Lunch (299 calories)
1 Subway 6" w. 6g Fat or Less, Turkey & Ham, Sweet Onion dressing Meal Total 299 1247

Dinner (439 calories)
1 serving of Asian Chicken and Vegie Stirfry with Noodles - YUMMY
Snacks (394 calories)
3 Jarrah: Chai Latte, Vanilla Spice
1 small, Banana,
1 Tea / Skim / 1 X Sugar
1 tub (200g) of Nestle: Yoghurt: Diet, No Fat, Lemon Meringue Food Total Cals kJ

Food Total  = 1328 Calories

EXERCISE
150 mins Yoga, Hatha
45 mins Circuit Training

Exercise Total = 1082

Total Calories = 246 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!