Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Monday 24th February 2020

Op day is here!  


Well this is it, exactly 2 years to the day since my very first 'CHECK YOUR BREASTS' post - How's that for timing hey! 

I am not gonna sugar coat it, I am nervous, scared, and anxious as hell right now about this operation, the recovery, and what lies ahead of that...crazy considering this is not my first time at the surgery rodeo; but despite these emotions, right here, right now, I stand firm in my decision to do this. Today I get to have the upper hand and no longer allow the fear of finding another breast lump consume me (I was due for my next mammogram, ultrasound, MRI and biopsy next week). 

I choose a breastcancer free future!

I've had so many lovely souls tell me I'm brave and I guess I can see why they think that; but, I don't see it that way. To me, its not a case of being brave by choosing this path, it is a matter of not wanting to face the reality that true warriors like my baby sister, my nana, and so many other family members, have faced. In other words, I don't see it as elective surgery when the alternative is cancer! Yes there is a chance, that my many benign lumps won't change, but even though I'm not much of a gambler, the odds in this case are just not favourable enough for me to ignore and not a risk I want to take. 

So here I am...short term pain for long term gain! I've got this! 

See you on the flip side peeps...love ya's all. 



Oh and in case you missed my not so subtle hint at the start of this post...when was the last time you checked your boobies? That goes for blokes too btw! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!