Wednesday, May 13, 2020

The first 24 hours post-op!

Okay, Surgery began around 8.00am and I was out and in recovery around 8.00pm.  

I don't remember much about recovery, except waking once to ask the time, and to check Mark had been called and told I was okay.  The reply was 10.00pm and yes!

It was around 11.00pm when I was taken to the ward (7SE Bed 25).  Ofcourse the first thing I asked for was my phone; not only for selfies but also to text my sweet man.

First selfie taken on the flip side :)

Hmmm, where is my other stocking?
Can someone fix my toe please, its so annoying?

First peek at my foobs.

I wasn't able to look at my legs, but that will come.

I was in a shared room with a lady named Mel (who I had seen on the recliner chairs the day before).  She had a really hard time during the recovery process poor thing.  Not so much physically but more mentally.  It made me realise how blessed I am to have had my previous surgery experience. It is a scary enough experience for someone with 10+ operations under her belt, let alone it being someones first one.

And here she is sharing her room with little miss chatterbox...yup I could not shut up...what's new hey LOL!

The light was left on, machines were constantly beeping and buzzing, and obs were taken by our nurse Ash (from Hamilton, NZ) every 30 minutes.  

Pic taken at 3.15am

WATCH A VIDEO DIARY ENTRY HERE

Blood Pressure on the lower side!

As I mentioned in my video entry, despite the funky leg pumpers, my left foot/calf had a pins and needles/numb type feeling, so they called the registrar who said it was most likely nerve damage due to positioning during the op.  However, I will be having more tests to rule out a blood clot.

Funky leg pumpers!

To say it was a long night is an understatement and a half...almost through to the other side!

5.00am video call to my sweetman

5.45sm - More obs and pic of canula #1

6.15am - Oxygen stats a little low

Photo of canula #2 just because!

6.30am - Tired but it in high spirits

And that is that!  Looking back on these pics and the video I am so proud of how well I did considering the gravity of the operation.  Mind you, it is early days and I was more than likely just still full of happy juice right?  Well, you will just have to come back and read the next installment to find out!

LLP to ya'll, Tash xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!