Thursday, May 14, 2020

Wednesday 26th Feb 2020


6.45am - Was a bit of a rough night going from fever to cold, and also having issues wth cathetar not draining so constantly feeling like I need to pee.  But I'm doing okay, just sleepy.  But I am dozing on and off so thats something.


10.30am - The team has been in, heres the low down!  They are keeping good obs on the LHS foob but there is a possibility they may need me to go back into surgery.  I still have numbness in the left foot/calf which is giving me the jimmy brits, so it is still in the compression machine.  The cathetar is coming out today (Whoo hoo).  I'm also going to get up and sit out of bed (thats what the SOOB means on my board), and they will give me a bucket wash.  Oh, the Physiotherapist came in today,and so I've got some exercises todo.  They are pretty basic and not catered specifically for me, but I will make sure I see a physio when I get home.  My spirits are high but that might just be the pain meds LOL.

I could get used to this
Video of Mark Massaging my leg HERE

1.00pm - I had a neurological exam on left foot/calf; they still believe the numbness is from a pinched nerve, but will still order scans to be on safe side.  Massage as been recommended, as has keeping it warm and taking an anti-inflammatory aka ibuprofen.  They want me to keep wearing the compression stockings and still use the machine too.  


Taking it all One day at a time!  
Watch a video song HERE

Oh the boob front, the nurse used that special needle thing to prick my foob, and its bleeding again.  Its a good sign as it means the blood vessel has taken, I just need to make sure I stay warm.

Mash, Mash and more Mash!


I did it!  I got up, and shuffled from the bed to the recliner!  Here I shall stay for quite a while and that was really tough and exhausting.


Mark resting in my bed, while I soob!
As Donna was just next door at Peter Mac she took time out and come and visit me.  I feel so special considering everything she is going through with her own treatment!


And that my friends is it for this Wednesday, don't forget to check your humps for lumps!



P.S.
9.00pm - Just had my dressing changed and cathetar out.
OUCH no need for waxing, and EEWW funky feeling.
P.P.S.

(Mark here #5 I think!!)
Well, Its day two post-op. The girl still hasn't had a decent sleep (me either, tbh). She has a disturbingly deep relationship with her hot air blanket!! Too hot for THIS lil penguin!!
Due to the sleeplessness and pain, she is deliriously hilarious! Cracking herself up with her own quips, quotes and anecdotes!!  Anywho, keep sending us your messages of love and support; they really mean a lot and help lift the spirits!  I'm off! Time to meet with our massive team of multi-disciplinary professionals and it is my duty/PLEASURE to keep em on their toes!!
P.S.  It hasn't all been 100% smooth sailing. We do have some complications , but her spirits are high and we are facing them with positivity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!