Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday 27th Feb 2020

Day 3 post op!

Feeling human again!
Look who finally slept for a whole six hours and is feeling better for it!

As the cathetar came out last night (that is a funky feeling let me tell you), and I have new dressings on my legs (Holy freaking frogs balls that hurt like crazy let me tell you.  Let's just say, I won't need to do any waxing for a little while as the nurse took care of it LOL)...it means that today I can go for a walk!

First walk was to the loo...priorities right!?!
The left leg is still feeling odd because of the pinched nerve, and unfortunately the answer to when will it be fixed, is how long is a piece of string?!  Anyway, because its numb and I can't feel it much, before I go for a walk I need to make sure I do exercises like dorsi and planter flex (toes to the sky, pedal to the metal) to ensure that is awake and ready to go!

Still painful but looking better!
The swelling and brusing on the left foob is looking better too.  So all in all, it looks like I have finally turned a corner YAY!

Todays board - thank you Marky!
My second walk was once again to the toilet...


Watch video I sent to my family HERE

Unfortunately there was no luck! 

But at least I didn't have to walk far to get to the shower!  Which is good because the drainage tubes are bloody heavy to carry around let me tell you!

Drainage tubes full of bloody goo - two in thighs, two in foobs!
Inner thighs where the VUG was done.
I am so glad the nurses gave me an extra pain med half hour before my shower!  Even if they did give it to me while I was sitting on the loo...Ahhh what does it matter, they are showering me FFS!

What was I saying, oh yeah, so as painful as it was though, it sure feels nice to be clean and dressed; even if it is in compression pants, which by the way I need to wear day and night for at least the next six weeks.


I'm glad that I was all nice and clean though as I had a visitor today.


This is my Mums cousin Dianne.  I was her bridesmaid when I was like 7.

Lunch and Dinner - yummy mash!
I got moved into my own room tonight...Bed 17.  I'm not sure if its good or not.  But I am leaning towards not as I have no TV wahh! 


Mind you, it is bigger and I do have more privacy when friends come in to visit.

And speaking to visitors, tonight I got to see a friend I haven't seen in ages...Marianne!  Sadly I forgot to take a selfie of us that night, so I took a screen shot during a video chat instead.

As a bonus I got to say hello to Brody too :)
And thats it for another day, I was feeling pretty sore and sorry for myself that night which is fair enough as it was a big day...nothing a little magic pill didn't fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!