Monday, May 25, 2020

Wednesday 4th March 2020

This morning I sat and watched the sun come up.


At 6.35am when the team came in, I got the good news that plans were being made for me to go home...TODAY...WHOO HOO!!


Dressings on foobs and legs done, and instructions written out for the HITH team to follow.  They will need changing daily and shower not allowed...wipes wash only.


Drainage tubes changed on legs, was not nice at all!  Holy freakingfrogballs that hurt HEAPS!

Full Drainage Bottle

First time in a bra!


4.00pm - After waiting on pharmacy, plus finalising a few other odds and sodds, I was finally released and free to head home!




Getting in the car was a little bit of a struggle, but we were on the road by 4.30pm

OMGoodness, there are soooo many bumps in the road!


Diary Entry at 7.45pm 

When I went into hospital I did so with no expectation of a set home time (although they did say 5 - 7 days), surrendering to the fact that it was more important to make sure I was AOK before the big return.

9 days post op, they let me come home. However, it is with the provision that for the next couple of weeks, I be admitted as a 'Hospital in the Home' (HITH) patient.

So here I am all set up like lady muck. 


All three boys are thrilled to have me home..BUT, that may change when I ring my bell too much! 

Big thank you to the very clever Mapa for my bell.



Now the real healing can begin...OR so we thought anyway!  Stay tuned for more on this topic!

P.S.  How awesome to receive cards in the mail and special welcome home gifts.  Thank you xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!